Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Less than 2 weeks.

Less than 2 weeks.

I have said it multiple times just in the last few days. To friends, strangers, family, and more strangers.

I have a rather large belly that draws lots of attention.

Men that say, "You look like you are about to burst!" (and that was 3 weeks ago). And "You got 4 kids in there?" (that was from a friend--no hurt feelings here!).

Women that empathetically say, "You look great!" And "You totally don't look like you are that close to delivering."


Either being empathetic or lying. Fine with me either way.

Most people questioning whether or not I will actually make it to my c-section date. Heck if I know. I just really don't want my water to break in church. Or Albertson's. Those are the things of my nightmares.

So I am trying to figure out what I can wear to church that fits and maybe is "slimming." Is that an oxymoron for a 9 month pregnant girl?

I am thinking I might do an over-the-top hairstyle and possibly garish makeup. Anything to draw attention away from my belly.

Or I might tape a sign to my shirt that says "Less than two weeks!"

Or just waddle on into church.

Have a few moments to worship God. Thank him for baby Hank. Praise Him for the children I already have.

Then get up and go to the bathroom (again) and put my feet up so that I might still have ankles.




2 comments:

The B4 said...

you are silly and make me laugh with your blogs. can't wait for baby 4 to arrive. and i mean it when i say, i had no idea you were so close to delivery--couldn't tell by looking @ you.

kinsey said...

you are so close! i had my baby 3 weeks ago and we named him hank! funny that you are naming yours that too :-) can't wait to see pics!