Get Lainey to school (Kyle does that). Get boys dressed and ready for school. Rhody needs to wear red for a school field trip to the Science Place. Lunch in a brown paper sack for him. Feed and change Hank.
Go to the DPS to get new license. (purse was stolen--replacing all cards. not so fun) It was a miracle--I was literally in the DPS for under 10 minutes! I think Hank was my lucky charm.
I had a great lunch with my friend Missy. (She has a daughter named Lainey too. It's a long story.) So much fun for me!
Then pick up happens. Put Hank back in the car seat. Go get boys from pre-school. Drive to elementary and wait for Lainey. Get Lainey and go home. In the 2 minute drive home, kids ask to go to Nana's house, Sonic, Jenny's house, Nic's house. Anywhere but home. I love you anyway kids. We went home.
Rhody has practice at 5:30. We all go to practice on nice days. So somewhere between 4 and 5 pm. The following happened:
- I changed Hank's diaper and put him in his favorite --the Johnny Jump up.
- Made snack for kids.
- Folded laundry. (my nemesis)
- Bo said, "Mommy, come see these stripes on Hank." What stripes? I went to go see. It was a small stream of poop that was running down his leg!
- Major clean up that involved a bath.
- Started gathering stuff for practice. Can't find cleats.
- Probably checked email.
- Started feeding Hank. While finishing, I heard a loud scream and cry--from Rhody. (Rhody is quick to cry but this sounded different)
- I quickly place Hank on the ground and run upstairs.
- Rhody hit his head on Lainey's bed. Her iron bed. I put my hand on the back of his head to feel the bump. I pull my hand away and there is a good amount of blood. Trying not to freak him out, I hurry him downstairs and demand Lainey join us downstairs to watch Hank. Oh, and Bo is crying in his room for some reason. Not sure why.
- Rhody is ok. Head wounds just bleed a lot.
- While I am still treating Rhody, Lainey goes back upstairs and informs me that Bo has tinkled in his pants and it is on the carpet. Oh boy!
- I tell Rhody to hold his own paper towel on his head to stop the bleeding and run upstairs to clean up the mess. Bo was in tears because "I didn't mean to!"
- I got that cleaned up and went back down stairs to check on Rho and Hank. Praise God that Hank is such a sweet-natured baby!
- Eventually, got everyone cleaned, dressed and in the car for t-ball. Found cleats--in Kyle's car.
We all are ok. I cleaned a lot of bodily fluid today.
Thank goodness for a fun lunch, a great husband and the finale of Project Runway.