Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Blog MD

I think I could fill several days worth posts about my quirks.

Is that how you spell quirks?

But to be honest, I think I am completely normal. But there are some things that other people might consider quirks.

I have a condition called body dysmorphia. Self-diagnosed of course. (and it may not be a real condition but that is another issue)

Here is my definition:

Body Dysmorphia--the condition in which a person thinks their body is smaller than it actually is.

I totally have this.

You might be wondering, "How does one know they have this condition?" Or you might be wondering what other blog you could go read right now.

Here is an example.

I think I should be able to fit into all sorts of clothes that I actually can't fit into. And I don't mean that this condition is just temporary because I am still trying to lose baby weight. Even though it is particularly strong after having a baby. I feel so skinny after giving birth! Especially after my almost 10 pound baby! But shockingly, I don't just gain weight in my tummy! I couldn't get some pants past my knees. That's why I stuck with a lot of Lycra this winter.

You know the BMI? (Body Mass Index--I think). It tells me I should weigh about 15-20 pounds less than my own personal goal weight. And I think I am SKINNY at my own personal goal weight. I am supposed to weigh about the same as Jillian (Jillian Michaels of course). Whatev.

I could see a person my height and weight and I am convinced that I look healthier than they look. Not in a mean or comparative way. Just in a slightly delusional way.

I just saw a celebrity in a magazine--actually, Marcia Brady. It showed her before and after pictures. I have weighed both the before and the after. I really, really don't think I look like that. I look better.

It is a little strange that most women struggle with thoughts that they are somehow bigger than they are. And I think I am smaller than I am.

I just see it that I am a glass is half full kind of person.

Wishing it was half-full of a Frosty.

But I am dairy free right now. I will go get a nice cold glass of water.






4 comments:

The Bindras said...

DITTO! I always think I can fit through tight spaces (or in to tight jeans), and when my hips knock something over or I get stuck or a bruise, I am so surprised! What?!!? AND, I saw that picture of Marcia Brady and had the same thought. Though in retrospect, I probably looked a LOT WORSE...you know, the overalls, the birkenstocks, the short, reddish home-dyed hair. Not my finest look. :)

The B4 said...

jenny and missy, you two are sillllly!

Robyn said...

OMG I must have the same disorder! This is so funny :)

AmarI said...

wait till you start putting on the tri gear again, that quickly brings me back to reality... there ain't no hidin' in that stuff... my solution, don't look in the mirror prior to walking out the door... (oh and if you happen to have a booger hangin out of your nose or something in your teeth that you might normally would catch just as you sneak out the door, i am sure your kids will point it out for you)