Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

Birthday Getaway

My birthday was this week. 

I am not afraid to say that I am 37 now. 

It seems weird to see that in "print." It looks older than I feel. Well, older than I feel when I am not pregnant. I feel about 87 years old sometimes. But that is another story.

Kyle planned an overnight, in-town, getaway for just the two of us. The kids stayed with my mom and dad--they were pumped. We went to Hotel ZaZa. Pretty swanky, huh?

We started by having lunch at the Dragonfly restaurant at the Hotel. It was delicious! We had the place to ourselves. I was just happy not to order off of the kids menu and to not have to keep a 2 year old in his chair constantly. 

The Dragonfly Restaurant

Hotel ZaZa

Look at these awesome draperies in the lobby. Huge!


We ate--a lot faster than we needed to. It's hard to get used to taking your time while eating a meal. Then we walked over to a little shopping center. I saw a Texas Rangers store and knew we needed to go in--just to see. 

Just to see that everything was so expensive. And that Rhody would have loved everything. Anyway, we picked up some birthday dessert while shopping (not at the Ranger store!) and headed back to the hotel. We did get a couple of small things for the kids--that Lainey was unsatisfied with because she doesn't like baseball.

Here we are waiting for our room to be cleaned. Kyle wasn't happy about that but once again I was fine just sitting there in the absence of questions and whines and tears. Just fine.

This is our room. Not a great iPhone picture but you get the point. It was a concept room or suite. Each one is different. Ours was called West Indies. It was decorated with that theme. Very cool and comfortable.
That's the overnight bag that Kyle got me for my birthday.
\ I was in desperate need of a bag! It is great. 

Here is the dessert that we picked up. One for each of us and one to split. Remember, it was my birthday! Unfortunately, I have been on a 3-day pass for desserts on my birthday. As my dad would say, "I gotta get back on the program!"

We went to Coalvines for dinner that night. We sat outside (open to the inside behind me) and enjoyed a part of Dallas we never see! It felt like we were out of town--without the price of airline tickets or a couple of tanks of gas!

Dinner was delicious
It was nice to getaway with Kyle and do nothing. It is a funny thing that what is a great gift to me right now is getting away and doing nothing. Putting my feet up a lot (no shopping). Watching a movie (not PBS). Eating a dessert and taking my time at a meal. I felt cared for and loved spending some alone time with just Kyle. He is my best friend and we have a great time together. 

Happy Birthday to me! 

Thanks babe!

3 comments:

olivia and henry said...

Happy Birthday, Missy!!! You are so beautiful and so very loved! Angie

amy Anderson said...

Happy Birthday Missy!! Hotel ZaZa is such a great getaway! Sounds perfect!

Eleanor said...

that sounds so fun! happy late birthday mis, love you!