Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of 1st Grade!

Monday was the first day of school for Lainey and her friends! She was actually pretty excited about going back to school. The reality of homework and exams won't hit for a couple of more years--I hope!

Lainey and her brothers bright and early Monday morning. 



Only decent family pic from the morning. 
It was bright and early for Mommy and Daddy as well. 

Lily and Lainey ready for school! Lily started Kindergarten this week. She was thrilled (and so was Lainey) that she got Mrs. Barnes this year! 

Lainey and Addie again this year. They planned out their outfits a week or two ago! Lainey was disappointed not to be in Addie's class again this year but is holding out for 2nd grade!

Mommy and Lainey (and baby Hank). I generally shy away from pictures right now. However, I figure one day Hank or the other kids might actually want proof he is my child.

Lainey and Daddy. Kyle will start taking Lainey to school every morning now. It is a special time for them. Plus--Mommy doesn't have to get a bra on and leave the house.

Lainey sitting at her desk in Mrs. Ratliff's class. We are thrilled to have Hanna as Lainey's teacher. I have known Hanna (and her husband Ben) since she was a Young Life kid at Lake Highlands. She will be a great teacher for Lainey!

She had a good first day. She told me all about it. Her least favorite part was recess. She said it was just too hot and she walked around way too much. I mean she is a delicate flower!

What kid says recess is the worst part of the day!

I will definitely miss Lainey during the day. I am once again a "boy mom." I love that role too. She just seems so big! 


4 comments:

the bowlin family said...

such great pictures!! i love first grade!!! i hope she has a great year.

Amy Anderson said...

She (and you) are precious. I LOVE the name Hank!!!!!!
If Evie had been born with boy parts, she would have been Hank. But she is Evie. And we're all glad about that. Hang in there friend!!

The B4 said...

darling pictures, mis.

Hilary Baker said...

SO sweet ;) I can't believe she is in 1st grade!

And I love the name Hank too -- Bryan thinks "Hank Richardson" is the coolest name he has ever heard! :) I told him the kid will already be cool b/c he has cool parents!!

Miss you!