Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hair it is.

Some interesting and sometimes funny things have happened to me lately.

You know how your body changes so much during pregnancy? Some good, mostly not good. The good really just being that there is a baby in there underneath the stretch marks and skin that will never bounce back to its former shape.

Remember how I mentioned that one of the biggest pluses for me is that the hair on my legs stops growing during pregnancy (with my boys)? I know, totally awesome.

I guess I am ever the optimist and always hope that it will stay that way. It's like laser hair removal without the laser and the without the cash!

But no such luck. The hormones have settled down or up or whatever they do after giving birth. The leg hair has returned. Cue the sad music.

So I went to get a much needed pedicure the other day. I went to a new place--well, a remodeled place in the neighborhood. I walk in and someone yells, "Can I help you?"

I answer that I need a pedicure. They yell, "Pick your color!" And then motioned for me to sit down in one of the pedicure chairs.

I sat down and started reading my latest issue of InStyle--it's full of cute, stylish and incredibly expensive things. I usually can afford about 2 items per issue. I never buy them. But I like looking at the pictures.

Anyway, don't you hate how they suck you in by sitting you in a chair and then never telling you how long it will REALLY be? I waited a while and then reminded them of my need for their services!

I got a man pedicurist--is that what they are called? Anyway, this guy was really nice and super smiley. I couldn't understand everything he said but I just smiled back and kept looking at my magazine.

Did I mention that this guy has a really loud voice?

So he looks at me and says, "So glad you here. You have ingrown nails."

I didn't quite understand him, so he repeated it louder this time. Loud enough for all to hear it.

I know I sounded like an idiot when I looked shocked and confused and kept babbling on and on about it. But I have never had an ingrown nail! Seriously. I guess I can thank pregnancy for this as well.

Then I got to a section in the magazine about dressing to highlight your best feature--your legs, your arms, your waist, etc.

So I was initially drawn to the section about highlighting your waist. The clothes they suggested were all cute and definitely emphasized a small waist.

But I don't have a small waist anymore. I guess I can thank pregnancy (#4) for that as well.

I looked for a section for people with muffin tops but that wasn't in there.

Or for people with with ingrown toe nails and hairy legs. Not there either.

Wow. Anyone else totally grossed out by this post?

I think everyone stopped reading when I got to the leg hair part.








6 comments:

the bowlin family said...

I read the whole thing!! What does that say about me? Don't tell me, I don't really want to know. I do know that I think you are really funny and I love that I can actually hear your voice when I read your blog! :)

Amy said...

Funny, Missy:) My favorite part is when they ask, "You want wax eyebrows? Lip? You neeeed wax." Even better is the disapproving look when I say, "No thank you." Sometimes I wonder if the pretty toes are worth the abuse;)

The B4 said...

stop, mis. :)

i can hear your voice too when i read it.

Gobby said...

dear sweet Mis, you totally crack me up. My wonderful daughter-in-law of many many many talents! Keep writing-you are great!

Anonymous said...

Missy, I have recently started blogging and just so happened to stumble across yours. I love what I have read so far. I think your my sister from another mother...lol. If you find anything that can be done about muffin tops...let me know, k?

Lindsay said...

oh my goodness-yesterday i broke down and went to the mall to find an in-between size pair of jeans. I didn't find a single store with a jean style called muffin-top! errr!People! i am not long and lean!