Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Some Things I Like

I was going to do a list of my favorite things but "favorite" might be a little too strong of a word. I was just thinking of listing some things I really like.

Before I get to the list, I was wondering...do you think it is weird that I was wishing that I had on Spanx today when I did my very first workout in over 3 months? I was needing something to hold in all the jiggles. I think Spanx should totally make work out clothes. And Wow, I am so out of shape it's not pretty. I have a long road ahead of me. And I think I will start with these chocolate covered pecans I am eating right now!

Back to the list.

These are in no order and I have already forgotten a few of them. What a great a build up, huh?

1. I have said it before, but I still love it: Clairol's Root Touch-up! What a great product. I like the shade called Medium Golden Brown and I guess Clairol does too! At Target, it was almost three dollars more than Medium Brown. What up with that? Of course, I'm a sucker and bought the one I wanted anyway.

Tip: If you try this product, go with a lighter shade rather than a darker shade.

2. My BFF Jenny. For a lot of reasons, but this week because she literally made a menu for me of dinners for this week. And she included recipes that I might not have. AND she made a shopping list for me. And she said she would do it again! How awesome is that? The only thing better would be to have a personal chef. And since I'm not Oprah, that's not happening. Thanks Jenny.

3. Tivo or DVR. Seriously, do I need to explain this one? Awesomeness. And I will be using this fabulous bit of technology in the next weeks to record shows like American Idol, Project Runway, Community, Glee and White Collar. Maybe a couple of other shows but I don't want to seem like a loser!

4. My precious baby Hank. I know it might be weird to list only one of my four children here. But I am doing just that. He is almost 3 months old and I adore him. And you know what? He adores me. He likes to be held and likes me to talk to him. He doesn't whine or complain or talk back. He is so sweet and lovable. He is starting to have a little personality. I can't wait to see what he will be like. Hank is everyone's favorite over here.

Well, I never heard of list with just 4 things but that's all I got for now. All boys have been asleep and that is a miracle in and of itself. That could be my #5!

I just want to apologize for the unusually poor grammar in this post. Sorry Mom and Jenny.


6 comments:

The Bindras said...

awwwww. You're so sweet! I am slightly shocked that I ended up BEHIND the Root Touch Up (and in front of Hank!), but maybe you said that they were in no particular order? If I had a blog (ha!) you would TOTALLY be on my favorite's list. Hank, too. Sigh. And you forgot to put Uggs on your favorites list! I think they are almost a necessity with all of this cold weather! And, I don't know what this says about me, but I didn't notice a single grammatical error!

amy said...

I like you:) Happy New Year!

Howell Fam said...

Love this post!! Love that your BFF is Jenny and that I love both of you more b/c of the way you love each other. Love that you are enjoying your precious Hank. The thing I love the most, ok not the most but alot, is that you go to Target by a product called Clairol Root Touch up and do your own roots. Can I tell you what my hair would look like if I touched up my own roots....I can promist it wouldn't turn out Golden anything...burnt maybe :)
I will have to second the Ugg comment... we never get cold weather like this- put on the Uggs!

Annie said...

missy- you are the best!
love,
annie

the bowlin family said...

i love your "like" list. i love you too!! need to come over for chat soon! missing you.

The B4 said...

Ok, Erin Howell's comments made me laugh...and I just ran into Jenny today @ Nordstroms, and we talked UGGS. She advised me not to try them on unless I was prepared to buy. I walked away. :) I'm impressed with your Clairol touch ups too--mainly that you can use the golden tone and not end up bronzy like me. As always, I love reading your blog--I always laugh. Hank sounds sweet. Happy for you, friend!