Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Why I Wear Mom Jeans.

It's true. I wear mom jeans. I not only wear them, I like mom jeans. Here is why.

First, there is the obvious answer. I am a mom. I wear jeans. Therefore, by default--I wear mom jeans.

But that's not really what we are talking about here, is it?

The SNL sketch about mom jeans is hysterical.



I hope my mom jean's aren't really that bad. But they might be close. And you know what, I don't really care.

The cool lower rise jeans just don't work for me. (Thank goodness that the ultra low rise jean is finally going out of style. Someone might want to find the young girl I saw at the carwash and tell her that her jeans with the 3 inch rise that reveal far too much of her back side are so 2008.)

Those jeans tend to hit me at the widest part of my hip. Not pretty. And since having a fourth child (did I mention he weighed almost ten pounds? I am milking that for all it's worth!), I am not only wide but also 'deep.'

That should be a song.

So this horrible deep and wide combo equals needing a jean at a larger size than I want, that forces all excess skin to the top of the jean. Then it spills over--causing what is commonly referred to as the muffin top. Or love handles. Or the dunlap--my baby fat has done lapped over my jeans. Do I need to say it? Not pretty.

So until I get a little less wide and less deep--I'll go for the mom jean.

I found a cheap pair at Kohl's. My go-to store. It has a higher rise. I feel nice and tucked in. Not like a puddle of pudding on top of my jeans. I don't worry about my shirts clinging to my not-so-in-love with my love handles.

I sacrifice style over function almost every time.

If I tuck in an oversized button up shirt paired with a quilted vest and a concho belt into those jeans, then someone call for an intervention. Because that's just not right.

But if I pair my high rise jeans with a fun top (not tucked in of course) and cute shoes with some pop of color--then call me stylish.

Make it a great day!




3 comments:

Shannon said...

Hi Missy! I read your blog all the time and never post. (I knew Kyle from Baylor and FBC Woodway! Please tell him hello for me!) I couldn't resist posting on this one. I was shouting AMEN with every new paragraph you wrote! I am right there with ya sister!

Hope all is well with you guys.

The B4 said...

stop, missy... :)

Lindsay said...

hahhahhaah! i love you missy!