Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Catch up post

I haven't been able to blog in a while.

Who came up with the word "blog" for what this is? It is a noun, a verb and sometimes an adjective. Random.

Here are some pics of what has been going on.

Our community group at church did a shoe drive! We collected shoes from friends, classmates and neighbors to give to Brother Bill's Helping Hands. These shoes are going to kids in the West Dallas area that need them! We collected over 250 pairs of shoes. Thank you to everyone who donated their shoes! Here are our shy kids.


I might have mentioned that Hank doesn't have many (any) friends. Well, evidently I lied. Look at all these friends! They clearly adore each other--can't you tell?

Actually, this play date at our house was such a treat for me! All those mommies are former Young Life kids of mine! Now we are having babies together. Wow! I have known Annie, Lindsay and Tori since they were in 8th grade and I began leading their YL group. Well, I officially met Annie when she was a lot younger. I was 16 years old and babysat for her and her brother and sister. I drove my Nissan Pulsar to her house and most likely wore some acid washed jeans and a Forenza shirt with shoulder pads and keds. Not that anyone asked what I wore or drove.

I can't tell you what a treat it is for me to still know these girls. To watch them grow up and now become mommies. What fabulous mothers they are and will be!

Hank (born in October), Tanner (November), Brittain (December), and Will (September)

This is my niece Catie. She is a SENIOR this year!!! Can you believe it? She is going to A&M in the fall. She is such a wonderful girl. She is kind, mature, funny and we are so proud of her. We love Catie!

More later.

4 comments:

the bowlin family said...

i've missed you mis!! glad you are back. love that you had a playdate for hank and his buddies. so stinkin' cute. catie is BEAUTIFUL!!! seriously, stunning pic of her.

Marci said...

LOL about your Nissan Pulsar and Forenza shirt. You know it, girl! We are old.

Eleanor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eleanor said...

I had to delete my first comment because i spelled Caties name wrong.. hah Im a loser. Anyway what i said was, "Oh my goshhhh Catie looks so old and pretty!!"
:)