Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

When Do You Know It's Time for a Haircut?

And who says I'm not "deep?"

Occasionally people ask me when (or how often) they should get a haircut.

Actually, I don't get asked that much but I came up with a helpful check list anyway. Let's be honest, sometimes you might need a new style, a new color or just a fresh cut and who is going to tell you that? Other than your mother.

File this away somewhere.

If you answer yes to any or all of the above, go get your hair done.

1. You can't remember the last time you got a haircut.

2. The ends of your hair resemble straw or hay.

3. People ask you if you are about to donate your hair to Locks of Love--and you hadn't even thought about it.

4. It's time for a whole new style if your hairstyle also has a name. (i.e. The Dorothy Hamil, the Farrah, the Meg Ryan, the Rachel).

5. You use the word "frosted" when referring to your hair and not a display window during the holidays.

6. You wear a pony tail everyday. Or almost everyday.

7. You actually try to fix your hair, and it still doesn't look good. (This is especially how I know I need a cut!)

8. You look at an old photo--like an engagement photo--and your hair is exactly the same.

9. Seriously, read #6--that probably applies to you.

10. Your mother told you so.

Have a great (hair) day!


5 comments:

The Bindras said...

ha! So funny! I've ABSOLUTELY answered YES to every one of those questions (Wait! except the one about Locks of Love...can't actually grow my hair that long!). Thanks for making me laugh! HOWEVER, - it's summer...isn't that prime time for pony-tails? Come on. It's a necessity! I miss my Dorothy Hammil haircut...maybe Kylie would look cute with one?!

Chrys and Mike said...

You're so funny. But I don't know what's wrong with a ponytail every. single. day. ;)

Chrys

SarahFifer said...

THat is so incredibly deep, Missy! I TOTALLY need a haircut and did I tell you I cut my girls' hair so they need a fix-it haircut. But been waiting for your makeover night!

Vinay Joshi said...

Hy, this is a very nice

Lindsay said...

Or if you are so desperate for a change that you watch a youtube clip on how to cut Nicole Richie long bangs and actually convince yourself that you could do it, it might be time for a haircut. Do not do this...unless you want to be forced to get a real haircut. (which worked out for me cuz it forced me to get a cut :))