Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Can you say "High Main-ten-ance?"

I can say it. High Maintenance. 

It is so me right now. 

That's all I have to say about that.

Another funny thing happened. Not that me being high-maintenance is funny--just ask Kyle. Anyway.

When I was about 8 weeks pregnant, I found out that one of my former Young Life kids is also pregnant and due on the same day! Crazy! And fun. She even lives really close to me.

It is her first and my fourth. She is about 9 or 10 years younger than me. And did I mention that it is Annie Housholder Houser? Yeah. She is a wonderful girl that happens to be the most fit and athletic girl I know. But more importantly, she is a very kind and compassionate and loyal friend who happens to have single digit body fat. That last part is not important--just impressive.

When I told Anne B. (another Young Life leader) that Annie and I were due on the same day, Anne responded with her usual compassion and gentleness--"Boy am I glad that I am not pregnant at the same time as Annie!" (while laughing hysterically). 

Jump to this week. I am about 15 1/2 weeks pregnant. Remember, I am still on modified bed rest. No exercise, no nothing for over a couple weeks now. Plus, I think I might be eating to comfort myself or out of boredom or just because I love food--maybe all. Doesn't being pregnant mean you have a green light? I thought so.

Jenny told me she saw Annie yesterday. She could barely finish the sentence without laughing. I knew what that meant. Jenny didn't remember that Annie and I are due at the exact same time. Annie reminded her. I am assuming that maybe Jenny's inability to hold back her laughter might have happened at that moment as well. 

Annie started to defend me a little bit. She sweetly said, "But it's her fourth and my first!"

That's real sweet Annie. Wearing a tank top and running shorts and looking not pregnant AT ALL! Precious.

I literally look about 5-6 months pregnant. I'm at that awkward-don't-look-good-in-anything stage. I never have had that cute little basketball belly--in any pregnancy. Not planning on it with this one. 

So Annie if you need to borrow any of my first trimester clothes for your last trimester, just let me know!  :)

I was just thinking the other day that it is almost exactly a year ago that I decided to sign up and train for the triathlon. Wow. What a difference a year makes. I can't even walk up the street right now. 

Don't get me wrong. We are thrilled to have this baby! We are great with the bed rest and hope and pray that it will help keep the baby safe! We wouldn't change it for anything. 

I am just saying, "Wow!" What a difference a year makes. I am hoping to be training again at this time next year. 

PS. We still need to sell our house! Pass it on to friends.


5 comments:

Annie said...

Missy!
You are so funny and thank you for your kind words! I am so excited about having the EXACT same due date as you, in fact when people ask me my due date, I quickly respond that you are due the same day, I love that. We found out early...it's a BOY! Can't wait to have children in the same grade, what a blessing!
Love,
Annie

blair said...

Missy, you crack me up! You look great!

Love,
Blair H.

The Bindras said...

Mis- you look fabulous!! And, to be honest, I didn't look as good on my first as Annie does on her first, much less any subsequent pregnancies! And you are sweet, too. Keep on keepin' on, girl! Only a few months left and you'll be training for another tri! Can't wait to meet your sweet baby!!

olivia and henry said...

missy, you are so funny.
i don't know annie, but i do know that you are so precious and sweet, and a beautiful mommy! i am thrilled for you and cannot wait to meet this little one.

The B4 said...

what i like is that you have friends like anne and jenny who laugh and say things like that to you! sistahood! didn't know you were on bedrest, friend. prayers...