Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hello, my friends, Hello.

Isn't that the title of a Neil Diamond song or John Denver or some other classic singer?

I am sitting here on the sofa (my regular place as of late) watching Idol. Just watched Biggest Loser. Oh wait, Paula is crying over Adam--that's a shocker. He sort of creeps me out a little bit. He wears more makeup than I do. He does look like Elvis. I am not sure what team he is on. Did I mention he sort of creeps me out?

I like Danny. Brother can sing. Lil' is going home. 

So a few things have been going on since . . . since I last posted I guess.

I am now a little over 14 weeks pregnant. I was put on modified bed rest last week. I have a placental tear (sorry for the male audience that just tuned out). We are praying for a full recovery! Hopefully, in about 4-6 weeks the tear will heal. 

But it means I can't lift children, lift anything, go to the mall, or the grocery store, stand for any amount of time. 

My family and amazing friends have come to the rescue for sure! Kelly G. even rocked Bo to sleep and put him in his crib today. Bo is loving all of this right now! I miss picking him up for sure. 

Kyle has had to pick up sooo much slack. Did I mention that our house is on the market? That means keeping a clean house--with three kids, with a handicapped wife, with a real job! Thank you babe.

So it's not like I haven't had time to blog. I have spent some time sitting. Often thinking of things I could blog about. Like the annoying fact that all the design shows on HGTV have to put a "green" spin on all designs now. One would know that after watching 4 1/2 hours straight of HGTV on a Saturday when one was down for the count with a stomach bug. (not even on modified bed rest then!) 

Or wondering if I could actually feel my behind growing at the lack of movement coupled with the continuous eating that was (is) going on.

Reading InStyle and actually dog-earring pages that I can't afford, can't wear (the whole pregnant thing) and actually can't even go shopping to even look at. What kind of person am I?

I did get a facial last week. It was awesome. After a hard week, it was a nice time to relax. Except for the fact that I was horrified that someone was looking through a magnifying glass and bright lights at my horrible skin. What has happened? I don't feel any different than I did 15 years ago. But I look different! I have some unexplainable creases, dry spots and something I can't pronounce that basically means build up of extra skin. The good news is that they can easily be removed with some sort of quick in-office procedure. Of course, you can't do such a procedure while pregnant or nursing. Great. I told sweet girl working on my nasty face that I would see her in a YEAR! Oh well. 

Ok. My battery on my computer ran out and I am standing up to finish this. My husband is about to come in here and regulate! 

Sorry for the randomness (is that even a word?)!

8 comments:

Caryn said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! But so sorry about bed rest. I can't imagine having three kids and a house on the market without bed rest - Yikes!! Also I totally agree about Adam - CREEPY!

Chrys said...

Oh friend, I can relate. I'm almost 20 weeks and have been on bed rest or "sedentary" for placenta previa since 11 weeks. Our house is on the market, too. And my husband is job hunting. Just a little bit going on! I'm glad you've got lots of help and folks to love on you and your kiddos. Praying the tear heals quickly. Hang in there and keep us updated.

Chrys

Leigh said...

sweet missy, i hate this for you! hang in there. i'm praying for you and kyle, and your kiddos. can't wait to read more blog posts, since you'll have some time on the couch. :)
much love,
leigh

Blair said...

"Hello Again" by Neil Diamond. Duh!

the bowlin family said...

YAY!! You're back. I've been missing you in the blog world. Love your thoughts. Share them more often.

The Ratliffs said...

Missy, I am sorry to hear about the tear. Bed rest is no fun and trust me, I know the feeling of wondering just HOW big your bottom can get while laying on the couch all day! But remember this: it's all worth it. Praise the Lord your husband is so supportive with the house work and kids. Keep us posted on you and your baby's health! Praying for you all.

amy said...

I'm calling this week- HOW CAN I HELP? Dinner for SURE, but what else. We'll talk. Sooooo exicted about a 4th baby for the Richardsons...will be praying!!

The B4 said...

just reading about your bedrest...well we both have challenges, so i can relate. i am a one legged mommy for 5 more weeks after surgery, have had a sick husband this week, a sick child, and have OT and speech appointments for luke 3 times a week, laundry piling high, house super dirty, and wondering if we'd make a comical reality show. praying right now for that tear to heal and for you to be up soon and able to hold your kids and be out and about. praise God for great family and friends, mis.