Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

I love kids. I think they are so funny. They can say things adults could never get away with saying.

Here are a couple of examples from my precious children!

Yesterday, Lainey and I were out somewhere together. (I have already forgotten where!) Anyway, she looked at my tummy and said, "Mommy! Your tummy is so big that it looks like you could have the baby tomorrow!"

Yeah, I'm due in OCTOBER!

Just deleted part of this post that my husband said might not be very nice. Yes, I have a husband that can be more sensitive to other's feelings than I am. No surprise. Just know that Rhody said something very funny and inappropriate. 

OK. I got permission to print the following story about Rhody.

Warning:  Dad, I am about to throw you under the bus. Don't worry, I have been there plenty of times--it's not so bad. 

So we went swimming yesterday at my parent's house. My kids were pumped that my dad (Poppy) was going to get in the pool with them! We were all in the pool when Poppy joined us.

Rhody welcomed him by saying very enthusiastically, "Poppy! You have boobies!"

We all laughed. Poppy laughed the hardest. 

They only way this is funny is because my Dad is 68 years old and looks better than most people who are 20 years younger! 

Bo woke up the other day and immediately started talking. The norm for him. He started saying names, "Nana, Poppy, Mommy, Daddy, Lainey, Rhody, Jack Jack, Sambo, Nic, etc." He named a few more and then said, "Those are my People." 

Since when does he have "people?"

Then today Lainey came down while I was watching a Michael Jackson biography. She watched a few minutes of the early part. She said, "I like the littlest one. He is a good singer." Even a six year old could recognize that Michael was the star of his family.

Then they showed a picture of Michael from the cover of Bad. Remember that album?

Lainey looked at it and said, "Bad. He looks bad. Like a mom."

I waited a second and said, "Did you say 'like a mom?' What do you mean my precious child?" Or something like that!

She said he has long hair that is curly and some makeup--like a mom. 

Everytime they showed a picture a Michael at different ages, she asked who it was. He looks so different each time.

Have a great week!




1 comment:

The B4 said...

kirk and i are having a good time reading this, LOL