Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Kids Say What?

Just to continue on the post that I did a few weeks ago. . . 

I want to document and share a few things my kids have said lately. Now that I think about it, all of these comments are directed to me or about me. 

Seriously, you have to have a good self-image to have children. Or they will rip you to shreds. And we haven't even hit the teenage years when I imagine the real mean things come out of their mouths. Looking forward to it.

From my oldest and only girl. I walked into her room to say good night and she said, "Mom, why are you wearing that awful shirt?"

To be honest, she was right. The shirt is pretty bad.

She then said, "Didn't you have that shirt when you were pregnant with Rhody?" (meaning that shirt is so 2004 Mom!)  I did have the shirt when I was pregnant with Rhody, Bo and even Lainey. It wasn't even cute the first time. But sometimes you get desperate.

(edited a few hours later. . . I can't believe I forgot this one!)

We were at the mall last week. It doesn't actually matter that we were at the mall but I like to add unimportant details to any story. We were walking and then stopping and then walking and yelling for Bo--the usual mall happenings. Lainey looked at me and said, "Mommy, your booty sort of jiggles when you walk."

Seriously? One great thing about the booty is that it is BEHIND me. I don't have to see it. Or know that it jiggles when I walk. I can guess that it does but do I need it confirmed by my 6 year old? 

Now to my youngest child.

He was sitting in my lap the other day. (Not always an easy thing to do--my lap is slowly disappearing) He stretched his arms out as far as they go and wrapped himself around my belly. He sat up and said in a very slow and intentional way, "This Is The Biggest Belly I Ever Seen!"

It's only going to get bigger honey!

Today I was picking him up and talking to him when he stopped me in mid-sentence and said, "You 'mell bad Mommy."

I didn't quite hear him so I made him repeat it.

"You 'mell bad Mommy!"

I caught it that time. Once again, the child was right. I had worked out that day and if we are being honest, I hadn't showered in a while. He called it.

I usually have random comments from Rhody but lately all that has been coming out of his mouth is "No, I don't want to." And some baseball facts and information. And lots of hugs and affection. That helps to make up for the "no's" that I get from him constantly.

Love those children.

1 comment:

The B4 said...

laughing with you, not at you! cute children. bless! :)