Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tri Update

So many people have been asking about how training is going. Well, at least 2 or 3 people have asked me.

I am feeling like I need to blog-vent or post-talk. Those are pretty catchy phrases. I am sure they will catch on any day.

Anyway, I have started the EARLY morning workouts this week. Ouch.

On Tuesday and Thursday I did 5:45 am bike rides. I actually love being at the lake that early. It is beautiful and calm and not crowded. But I have to get up extra early so I can feed Hank before I go (he goes back to sleep). However, today Hank got up at 4:30 am which meant I have been up since 4:30 am. And like I always say, "Unless my name is Matt, Meredith, Ann or Al I should NOT be up that early in the morning."

My body is not adjusting well to these early mornings. Today I sort of felt like I had been hit by a Mac truck. I also felt like I wasn't really in my body--does that make any sense?

I forget that sleep deprivation also makes me just a touch emotional. I have to watch my quick temper. I can cry easily. I saw a woman walking down the street holding hands with her adult daughter who appeared to have Down Syndrome. I teared up. It was sweet. And I thought about how I hold hands with my kids walking down the street.

Already I hold Lainey's hand less than I used to. She doesn't need me to. She is ok with it now but one day she won't want to hold mommy's hand. I bet the daughter I saw was at least in her 30s or 40s. Her mom was probably not planning on going on afternoon walks with her daughter 30 plus years after she was born.

But that's not what God planned for that family. The mom held her hand with such sweetness. I will stop now. But see what this lack of sleep is doing to me?

I think this post was supposed to be about my training.

I did get a good swim in on Sunday at the SMU pool. And I love getting to train with friends. That part has been great.



sorry, I just dozed off a little.



2 comments:

Bob Thomas said...

Great post today, Mis! Of course I love every one you do but today ... sorry, I got up at 5:30 this morning.

Lindsay said...

love that!