Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mommy Makeover #3


Well, it's the post you have all been waiting for. At least 3 of you! And me for sure.

I love a good makeover. Seriously, it's one of my favorite things ever. (kind of weird, I know that)

It has been a long time since I posted a makeover so I was anxious to get started.

There is an added feature to this makeover. I am "practicing" my photography skills. I borrowed a lens from my brother Rob. Thanks Rob. And now I must purchase the lens for sure! I used my basic editing skills on the pics as well.

My Mommy Makeover victim this time is . . . Jennifer Jenkins!

She is my neighbor and our kids love to play together. She has three precious boys that my boys (especially Bo) just love. Her Shep and my Bo are two peas in a pod. They love to laugh, play the Wii, wrestle and laugh some more.

Another interesting fact is that Jenn and I actually went to high school together! Go Cats. I am a year older than Jenn but we knew each other--more like we knew of each other. Rob probably knew her better than I did.

In fact, I thought it would be fun to take a look at both of us back when we met. Let me set the scene. I was driving a baby blue, stick shift Nissan Pulsar. I had a variety of musical interests: Guns N Roses, Information Society, U2, Whitney Houston, Depeche Mode. I owned acid washed jeans, shoulder pads, navy blue eyeliner, Keds, and lots of obnoxiously large and sparkly earrings. Fashion was about wearing over sized tops, pleated pants with tapered legs (super flattering), and lots of makeup.

And hair? The bigger the better. Bangs had to be high. Perms had to be scrunched. Hair was damaged. Hot Sticks, spiral curling irons, sponge rollers, hot rollers, Aussie spray, Stiff Stuff, teased and highlighted.

Jenn and I were no exception. We had some awesome 80's hair. I have proof below!

Missy circa 1990
Nice shoulder pads and brooch. I never ever wore that brooch -- except for that picture! You have to admit, that was some awesome hair. And such a natural pose. I often lay like that to watch television or read to the children.

Jenn circa 1991
Jenn sort of reminds me of Cindy Mancini in this pic. She just needs a white leather outfit she borrowed from her mom to impress the other kids that then gets stained at a party which means she has to date Dr. McDreamy to be able to pay for it. You look awesome Jenn!

Back to the makeover.

Let me make something very clear. Jenn did NOT need a makeover. I needed a someone to play dress up with. She is a beautiful girl. She has her own style. She likes to shop and knows her body and what looks good on her. This was more like me playing dress up with Jenn. She let me do her hair and makeup and pick out her clothes.

Here are the official BEFORE pics.



Here are the AFTER pics!

The Skinny cargo pant is a good purchase for the spring. I ran to Target the morning of our "shoot" and picked up this pair for Jenn. She has a great figure. She has small hips and great legs. Shopping for her was super easy. I just picked anything that was cute and would look awful on me--knowing it would look fabulous on Jenn! Actually, pretty much anything would look great on Jenn.

I like this shot. The metal sheeting draws your eye right to Jenn's face.



I wasn't able to get a good shot of Jenn's shoes. But they are super cute. Definitely go to TJ Maxx to look for some affordable and fashionable shoes.







The cream colored crocheted dress was a resale shop find of Jenn's. The outfit below is a great representation of Jenn's style. Her favorite leather jacket (steel gray), the dress and her cowboy boots. Casual, eclectic and cool. I coined a phrase for her style. Rocker Granola Chic.

I am pretty sure Stacy and Clinton will use that phrase any day now.


Easy breezy smiling Jenn.

Did I mention the nicest thing Jenn ever did for me? I moved into the neighborhood when I was pregnant with Hank. Jenn had just had her son Shaw. She offered to loan me her nice pair of maternity jeans for the rest of my pregnancy. Isn't that so sweet? Like I could ever fit into her maternity jeans--even not pregnant. Seriously. But she offered anyway.

I knew I was going to like being friends with Jenn.

Thank you for being a fun makeover Jenn.

Stay tuned. I do have plans for another makeover soon.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

That is great!! Love the pics- you have a great eye for photography! And if you need a victim, uh subject for your next makeover, pick me! Pick me! I need some 'girly' in my life these days!! :)

julie said...

Love it. Missy, you did an awesome job with a beautiful "subject.". Jenn is naturally pretty and you captured her well. Great job!!!

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Ooh Oooh I want to have a make over!