Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spa Day for Mommy

What a great day I had today!

I got my hair colored today. A warm chocolate brown that deliciously covers my gray hair.

Then a hair cut-- a trim really. And a deep conditioning treatment. (Can you say split ends?) And then a blow out.

And a deep cleansing facial followed by a make up application.

Oh, and a manicure.

And lunch with people I love!

I am not super girly--but I love a day of beauty. Seriously love it.

You know what? After reading back this post, I realize that I might have misled you.

I did all those things listed above. But. . . I never left my house.

Thanks to Nice N Easy #6 and some protective gloves, my hair is colored. I trimmed my own hair. Bangs and the ends and a little off the layers. And the blow out was me too. I even got out my hot rollers and added a bit of volume.

When I say facial, I mean I used my ClariSonic cleaning brush to deep clean my face (while in the shower--so a "steam clean" as well).

I then applied a moisturizer and a fresh coat of make up.

And by manicure, I mean I took off a 2-week old coat of taupe nail polish that had chipped away.

Did I mention that all 4 of my kids were here the whole time? Hank took a good nap and the kids played upstairs together. And I worked really fast.

Plus, think of the money I saved! Literally, hundreds of dollars. $200 for a cut, color, condition and blow out. $100 for a facial and makeup application. $40 for a manicure. And about $50 for childcare. Plus tip for all those things.

Kyle, your welcome babe. I am such a thrifty wife. :)

Here is one of my lunch buddies from today! Me and the kids went to Picasso's for a pizza (I had a coupon!). Aunt Marian is so frustrated at my grammar right now.

No comments: