Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Family update

Just a quick update on things around here.

Rhody is doing better and better everyday. He is slowly getting back to school--a little everyday.

Actually, one of the sweetest moments happened yesterday at school. I took Rhody to class about an hour after school started. He had missed 7 days of school! His adorable classmates started clapping and cheering for him as we walked in! It was just precious. Rhody was a little embarrassed but loved it too.

Hank is doing great. He is thick and healthy. He talks constantly--but you can't understand anything he says. He leaves a huge mess in his wake. And he can be incredibly demanding of my attention. He drives me crazy at times. All of that. . . and I am still crazy about him.

Lainey is swimming along. Her favorite thing right now is to plan her birthday party. She spends about 6 months out of the year planning her party. The theme, the location, the colors, the girls to invite, the food that will be served, etc. To be honest, I am a little over planning her party. She likes to discuss it often. I am betting we end up with a roller skating party. I vote that over a swimming, cooking, movie watching, slumber party. I like a start and end time that fits within a 2 hour time period. But I let her keep dreaming and planning.

Bo is. . . Bo. Crazy and fun and loud and sweet and crazy. He is big into threatening me. "If you don't let me go outside, then I am not going to come out of my room for 100 days!" "If you don't let me eat that candy, then you are not my sweet mommy anymore." I tried to explain to him the concept of empty threats, but evidently he didn't understand.

Well, I have realized some unfortunate things about me today. It has been exactly a year since I signed up for my second triathlon with Team in Training. I was starting from scratch with my training. And with a 6 month old. A year later. . . I am back to that "scratch" point. All that training, down the proverbial drain.

And to continue that patheticness, I also realized that at this point, I color my hair more than I work out.

Sad but true.

That says a couple of things about me. I haven't been in the gym at all. And my hair is shockingly gray. And grows entirely too fast.

A couple of weeks ago I met a dad at the playground. We ended up knowing a few of the same people. Most of the people we had in common were from the triathlon. When I mentioned that I had also done the triathlon in the fall, he seemed absolutely shocked.

Shocked.

Somehow his first impression of me was that I wouldn't be the type of person that would do a triathlon.

I am slipping into a deep funk right now after writing all of this down. I think I might need some chocolate to help me out of it.


No comments: