Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday nothings.

I read a book my dad had laying around his house. It was called something about ProBlogging or How to be a Successful Blogger or something. (just a side note: I might have a freakishly good memory when it comes to phone numbers of childhood friends, birthdays, random details about people I don't know very well, and history dates but when it comes to books and literature--I stink. I can't remember the names of any books I read. And it really shouldn't be that hard because I hardly ever read a real book. I mean a magazine doesn't count--I assume. I can't remember character names or anything. Don't you think that is weird?)

Back to dad's book. And I need to correct my above statement. I read a paragraph out of one of dad's books--not the actual book--that is crazy talk, reading a whole book. Anyway, that paragraph said that there is actually some sort of science to the amount of times one should post on a blog. You don't want to post too often and get reader burn out. You don't want to post to little and get. . . I don't actually know what the consequence here is. People don't come to your blog?

Anyway, there is a good number of posts. However, since I just read one paragraph and not the whole chapter, I have no idea what a good number for my blog is. But what are the chances that the book actually told you an exact number? I am betting that the recommendation is to post more than twice in 3 weeks!

I am hoping to back on the posting wagon. I mean with all of you clamoring for some new posts, I just felt like I need to . . . OK--no one has actually clamored. Or complained. Or really even commented. Thank you for giving me some time. To do nothing and come up with nothing.

Here is a quick recap of my last week.

Went to 2 birthday parties. Had a first soccer game. Got totally annihilated in that game. Kids didn't even notice! Went to Mariano's and said Hi to the bear. Didn't go to the mall. Went to LA Fitness with no bad report about Bo. Ate chick-fil-a. Spent next 20 minutes in bathroom after eating CFA (tragic, I know!). Watched Idol--glad there is 13. Like Danny. Not into Adam like Paula is. Sang to 3 year olds. Cleaned up vomit. Got vomited on. Cleaned up Mommy. Missed Bible study (because of aforementioned vomit). Shaved legs. Need to color gray hair. Someone thought I was 24. Praise God for that. Tried to reason with a 2 year old. Failed. Watched Backyardigans. Cuddled with boys. Did laundry.

Have a great day.

3 comments:

The B4 said...

ya'll sure do vomit over there alot...i feel for you!

Susan said...

Hey Missy,

I catch up on ya'll every now & then on here & I think your blog is SO fun to read! You are so funny & I love how you write. Keep it up! Hope all is well in big D!

Susan said...

It's Susan Burk, btw... forgot to sign my whole name.:)