Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's Been a While

You would think that since I haven't posted in a while, I might have a lot of interesting, entertaining, informative things to share with you.

Alas, I don't.

Let me sum up the last week. We woke up. Me, occasionally early, to workout. Rhody and Bo asking if it was after s'ven o'clock. Lainey slowly. Daddy too. Ate breakfast. Got dressed (sometimes earlier than others). Went to school or didn't go to school. Had soccer. Had soccer again. Then had freezing soccer game. Had ballet too. Played with friends. Probably went to chick-fil-a but can't actually remember. Someone went to time-out. Someone whined--maybe me. Watched television. Cleaned the house (can't tell it now). Saw nana and pops. Complained about not seeing N & P enough. Talked about Madagascar. Sang a peanut butter song. Went to church. Reluctantly cooked dinner. Someone whined again. Talked about "highs" and "lows." And then went to bed. Oh yeah, a bath or two as well.

Wow, that was interesting. I know all my former Young Life girls are now thinking, "Is that what I have to look forward to?"

I hope I don't have to reiterate--I love my life. It's not cool. Or reality tv material but I still love it.

So I try to learn something new everyday. Here is what I have so far from today.

1. Watching Tom and Jerry brings back childhood memories! It is not nearly as much fun to watch without Rhody in the room. He gets the comedy and laughs hysterically at that old cartoon. I still don't like Tom's creepy yellow eyes!

2. Bo took his toddler Bible to nap today. He called me in and was pointing at the picture of Jonah and the big fish. He said he wanted to go thay (there)--it'd be fun! My son wants to go inside the belly of a whale. I have no other comment on that.

3. Lainey is home sick today. She made her own sandwich, put it on a plate with chips, and got her own drink. My work here is done.

Have a great day!

If you get a chance, click over to Big Mama's blog today. She is hysterical!

3 comments:

The Bindras said...

you forgot all of the deep sighing and rolling Kyle over in the middle of the night. and, oh yeah, do not try to pretend that you haven't been glued to American Idol. Come on, where's the authenticity??

The B4 said...

SO GREAT that lainey made her own lunch!!!!!!! :)
did you know i read in an apologetic book yesterday, that jonah is not the only man swallowed by a whale...there was another man a long time ago who also was swallowed by a whale and found alive...didn't know that! cool! so maybe Bo has a calling. :)

The Ratliffs said...

Missy, as "one of your former YL girls", you should know that your blogs get me PUMPED about being a mommy- seriously! I love your honesty and most of all, your ability to laugh during the chaos. Very inspiring.