Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Date Night

My mother-in-law gave me a great Mother's Day gift. Money for a date night--including enough to pay a babysitter. Isn't that a great gift?

Let me tell you, dates are not cheap! If you want to go out to a decent dinner, movie, coffee or dessert and pay a babysitter about $10 an hour, you are talking over a hundred dollars--just for one night! 

Obviously, not all dates have to be that expensive. But seriously.

So we grabbed a cheap and quick dinner so we could catch a 6:30 showing of Star Trek. It was really pretty good. I realized I have never seen any Star Trek anything! I know I missed a lot of the Trekkie trivia but I still enjoyed it.

Then we had a delicious dessert at La Duni! We never get a great dessert after dinner. It was so yummy and definitely a treat.

And we are helping Kathleen (babysitter) fund her Anthropologie obsession. It's a win/win!

Thank you Sherry for a wonderful Mother's Day gift. Because on actual Mother's Day, I served preschoolers during church, had lunch with cranky, whiny kids, went home exhausted after a weekend of t-ball and recitals, and had dinner with only slightly less cranky, whiny but adorable kids. It was in the truest sense a day that I remembered that I am a mother. 

I really am grateful to be a mother. And grateful to be a wife and for times with just my husband where we talk a lot about our children.

1 comment:

kathleen said...

yes, it IS a win/win. apparently i need to thank gobby