Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Watching some TV

So in the last few weeks I have watched a lot more tv than normal. And that's saying something. I do like television but really can't watch it much because of those darn kids! 

But I do get all my information from the Today Show--the only source of news in the Richardson house. In fact, the other day Lainey said, "Oh, did Matt get his sling off this week?" (referring to Matt Lauer's hurt shoulder from a bike incident involving a deer!) Then Lainey said she wanted to be "the girl with the black hair." (Ann Curry of course)

Anyway, one of the by-products of increased tv intake is more commercial viewing than I prefer. Even with the awesomeness of Tivo, I still saw some commercials--specifically infomercials. 

This has never happened to me before but I found myself seriously considering buying some of the products. I mean, have you seen some of the products lately? They are life-changing. How do we live without these products?

I always have bananas go bad at our house. These bags seem like miracle workers! Haven't tried them of course. 

And this one.


This guy can sell anything. Who doesn't need a Hercules Hook? We are moving soon. I am sure we could use these to hang all of our accessories!

I forgot the name of this thing. Mandolin slicer something or other. I don't even cook that much. Especially right now. But I really think I could use this. For something. That I can't identify right now.

I have learned over the last few years that I have a lot of weaknesses. Or areas that I am not as good as I thought I was. For instance, I am really not that organized. I am not going to be a great room mom. I don't love cooking or doing crafts --most of the time. Also, I am horrible with can openers. I think we have gone through about 4 of them. I finally went to a manual one. I can usually get that to work. But I might need to try this one!



And I have to admit, I bought this one. Not from tv but from Bed, Bath & Beyond. It was less than $10. I haven't used it yet. I am so hopeful about it. The girl at the check out at BB&B totally says it works. I am even more hopeful now! I will definitely report back!


Who could ever talk about infomercial products and leave out the BeDazzler? How I wish I could have invented this one? Lainey would love a BeDazzler! Who wouldn't?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mis,

Nanny gave me the green bags and you are welcome to try them. I haven't opened them yet.

Your mother never taught any of her children how to use a can opener.

Please report back about the egg foot scraper. I need it desperately!

Nic

the bowlin family said...

I too am curious about the green bags. I have picked them up and almost bought them at least 3 different times while shopping at Wal-Mart. I always put them back because I know they will disappoint, but maybe not!!

The Ped Egg could end up saving me money if I could do longer in between pedicures. That one might be worth a try too!!

Love this post! You make me laugh.

chrys said...

i'm the ped egg's biggest fan! i've even given them as gifts. (you can get them super cheap on ebay - free shipping, but it takes awhile from china!)

oh, and i saw some blue ones on sale last week at CVS for $6.99. i'm all about a bargain.

yep, i love that ped egg. you will, too. just don't go crazy the first time you use it or your feet will be super tender.

and my in-laws love those green produce bags.

chrys

Alissa said...

My husband swears by that can opener. He even threw my favorite kitchen aid one away! I think it's just as easy to use the manual ones.

Becky said...

I bought the Toby from an infomercial...it is the amazing steamer so you never have to iron again! I cannot believe I bought that...my whole family still makes fun of me for it and it has been a couple of years!

Lindsay said...

I'm such a sucker for that stuff too! I almost purchased the InStyler but thankfully my husband came in before I got the chance to follow through. Watch out for those ads, Mis!

SarahFifer said...

Here's what I got out of that whole post - ANN CURRY??? Are you kidding me, Lainey. She is SUCH a bug - Lainey, you could be SO much more than Ann Curry!!

The Bindras said...

ok-3 things. First, how did the Sham WOW! not make your list??

And, secondly, was anyone else completely grossed out by the amount of STUFF (what is it? dead skin?) that came out of the ped egg in the add? Sheesh.

And, finally, Ann Curry is a modern day... (ok, I almost compared her to Mother Theresa and then thankfully stopped myself, somewhat appalled) Dear Abby. She has wisdom, she has poise, she has soulful eyes, and have you seen the head-tilt? It's mesmerizing and could get you to confess to anything and cry about it. You go, Lainey!