Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Glamorous Life of a Mom

When I used to dream of being a mom, I am pretty sure that it didn't include a lot of what happened today. I think I used to dream of sweet-faced, giggling babies or cute, silly, playful toddlers or even smart, witty preschoolers.

I knew it wouldn't all be easy. That there would be challenges. But I still don't think you ever imagine some things.

What you see in the picture above is what happens when a 3 year old needs to go potty so bad but is not quick at taking off shoes and jeans, then he can't decide what potty he wants to use and. . . well, he didn't make it to either one in time.

This all happened about 15 mins before bedtime. And Kyle was at practice. I was sort of stunned for a second. I had to swoop up rhody and put him on the potty (made a huge mess on the potty), threaten Bo with his life if he went near the poop, and figure out what to do with poop on the carpet--oh yeah, and Rhody crying on the potty.

The problem is that Daddy wasn't home--specifically because he pretty much has nasty bodily fluids duty at this house. I figured that since I expelled plenty of those during pregnancy that once the child is out of my body, it is Daddy's job to clean up after them. Practically speaking, I wasn't sure what to use to make sure the poop came out of the carpet. I called Kyle and my sister-in-law hoping for some sound advice. I couldn't get in touch with either one.

I won't bore you (or totally gross you out) with more details. I did the best I could with the tools I had. We will be calling Stanley Steamer tomorrow!

However, it was cute to see Lainey jump into action as my right-hand mommy when it all hit the fan. I put her on Bo duty. She got his pj's on, helped brush his teeth and played with him in a room away from the poop. She even tried to get both boys to help clean up the mess they made while mommy was scrubbing the carpet. She spoke in a stern voice, she gave them warnings, and then came running to me to make sure they got a consequence for not obeying her. She actually helped me out a lot!


The above picture is a spoon from Chick Fil A. We went there for dinner tonight--need I remind you of the title of this blog? We turned in our kid's meal toy for some ice cream. The kids were finished and headed to the play area. I sat down next to Bo and he showed me his spoon. I asked Bo what happened to the spoon. Not much of a response. I asked him where the piece from the spoon is. His response smiling, "In tummy. In tummy."

I am not sure if that is true or not. He has definitely been known to lie before. I am hoping that the piece is not somewhere in his tummy, but rather on the floor of Chick Fil A. Stay tuned for more details.


We went to Toys R Us a few days ago to do some pre-shopping for Christmas. What up with Lainey & Rhody picking the Escalade?

I just wanted you to see the price of this little vehicle. Do you know how much make up and hair products I could get for that? How many GOOD jeans I could get? Not to mention the shoes. And of course what I meant to mention first, how it could help the needy and less fortunate of our city!


While today wasn't really the stuff dreams are made of, I think I have a great life. I almost wrote that I wouldn't trade it for the world, but that's not true. I don't enjoy, nor will I ever enjoy cleaning poop out of carpet.

4 comments:

Sarah Graham said...

GROSS!!

The Bindras said...

yikes. thanks for blogging about your not-so-glamorous life. I am sure the glamour is just around the corner!! :) Seriously, thanks for your honesty and authenticity! You rock!! And, maybe think about investing in one of those home-steam-carpet-cleaners...

The B4 said...

girrrlll, we've had our share of poop on the carpet--just yesterday in fact. :)

and when will the boys learn to aim perfectly so that pee isn't around the floor of the potty???

i keep disinfectant wipies in our bathroom.

you go girl! great job! great attitude!

the bowlin family said...

wow what a day!!! you are a rock star mom. glad you are recovering well from this "glamorous day." love you!