Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Life with Boys

Since Lainey went to kindergarten, I am officially a boy mom all day long. It is a bit strange since I was a girl mom first and since a lot of our friends have a lot of girls. But I really do love it.

My days do look different. We wrestle a whole lot. They tend to keep on the same clothes all day. Unless they get a fist full of chocolate pudding and rub it on their shirt. They make all sorts of noises--like a car, like a gun, like truck, like a toot--or could be a real toot in which Bo always blames someone else. R calls for me to come look in the potty at his poop--"it's like a rocket ship or it is HUGE or it's like a hot dog." Sorry girls, that is how boys talk. Plus, he is pretty proud of it.

R likes to watch baseball on TV. Bo likes to hit. R likes to play ball with anyone who will let him. Bo also likes to kiss and hug. Bo recently offered me a hug when I asked for a bite of his ice cream. He is a smart little guy, I ended up with no ice cream. They both like playdough. R likes to play "rough" and ends every sentence with the word "right?"

"Tony Romo is big, right?" "He's bigger than me, right?" "He's number 9, right?" "We go get sissy after naps, right?" You get my point. He never stops talking.

We all went to Target today. It is one of my rules that I broke. I don't go to Target with children unless involves at most purchasing two things. I needed a lot more than that today. Like milk, bread, fruit, juice--that is why I had to take them with me.

I am excited to announce that it went surprisingly well! They stayed in the cart the entire time. We got a free cookie first and then halfway thru we opened the granola bars for a mid-shop snack. It worked today! Make sure to make note of today--a successful shopping adventure with children. It is a rarity in this house!

Here are some iPhone pics of us!



Rhody loves the iPhone and specifically taking pictures. Out of focus--don't stare too long or damage may occur to your eyes!!


Bo got a hold of a dry erase marker and I didn't hear from him for about 10 minutes. Never a good sign. I was walking out of the door when I saw this masterpiece of a drawing on our pantry cabinets. Life with kids--I was cleaning the cabinets while they were strapped into the car!


Now this is truly life with boys. As soon as we got to the park, Sam and Rhody said they needed to go potty. Luckily there was a tree nearby that needed watering! Photos retouched to protect their privacy! Still--look at those tan lines!


I love these boys. Even when they might throw their entire lunch on the floor including a piece of pizza that landed face down. I sat right down there with that precious boy and forced him to clean it up. Not fun. But I wouldn't change anything about them. I love these boys!

2 comments:

nic said...

Love the picture of the boys watering the tree....Rhody is brave to stand in front of Sam!

the bowlin family said...

Love this post!!! I love your boys and their adventures with there mommy. Olivia and I are up for a "boy playdate" soon. love ya!