Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday fun.

We had a fun day today.

My cousin Will and his wife Allison moved to Dallas this week. They actually moved into Aimee's old house and so is next-door neighbor to Erin! How fun for me! Will and Alli have 4 young children that I am excited to get to know better now that they are in town.

Rhody and Bo and I got to spend the afternoon with the oldest of Will's kids--David and Peter. We had such a good time with our cousins (second cousins, third cousins, cousins once removed?) The conversation in our minivan with 4 young boys was hysterical! Bo kept chiming in with his one word, extremely loud commentaries.

David (5 years old) is full of personality and talked to me a ton! He told me all about the solar system and made all the planets out of playdough! He then named all the planets and included Pluto--then said, "just kidding, Pluto is not a planet anymore."

For those of you who didn't know, he is right. Pluto is no longer considered a planet. I know that because of my addiction to Matt, Meredith, Al and Ann and the Today show. I am betting that is not how David knew it. He could have been reading it in the encyclopedia--his uncle Sam memorized all the state capitols at age 4 by reading the encyclopedia. But I am not sure they have made a set of encyclopedias since Al Gore invented the internet.

This is why we refer to Will and his two brothers as the "smart" cousins.

Rhody and Peter chillin' out!

Today at Lainey's school was Dad's Lunch Invasion! The cafeteria was full of kids and dads! Most Dad's brought in fast food for themselves and their kids. Chris Bone took one for the team and ate the Tetrazini--by Addie's request. Lainey got chick fil a (of course).

I volunteered to take pictures for the yearbook. I just wanted to relive the glory days of the LHHS Fang (I was the editor-n-chief of the high school newspaper--I know, pretty impressive). I grabbed my camera and Rhody and Bo and ran up to the school to get a few pics of kids and dads! Rhody was thrilled because he really wanted to see Lainey's school on the inside.

Cute sister and brother pic at school.

It was also crazy tie day at school. Lainey got this one from Pops. You know he is a great resource for crazy ties, Bill Cosby-like sweaters and bright colored sweatsuits. Way to go Pops!

Do these two look alike or what? Am I even in the gene pool here?

Tomorrow is Thursday. That means school day. I am riding bikes with my team tomorrow (as I type this with ice on my swollen knees). I hate to say it, but I have to give the bike back to the sweet girl who loaned it to me for the triathlon. I will be sad to see it go!

4 comments:

Howell Fam said...

I love every bit of this entry. Love that we have one of the "smart" cousins as a neighbor, not to mention that David can teach me a little about the solar system. :)
I also love the picture of Lainey and Kyle!! Total complete love and devotion in a pic. Awesome.
PS- Sorry about the bike and the swollen knee. Girl....you are getting old :)Oh wait- I guess that is WE are getting old. how did it happen?

Anonymous said...

good post missy! its about time you made a quality entry. im kiddingggg

Anonymous said...

What a fun day. We want to play with you and your sweet boys, soon! Caleb always loves seeing Rhody at church and Eli needs some friends of his own!

Anonymous said...

p.s. Our Wednesday ended as I listened to the complete and utter meltdowns in the back seat of my car that were the culmination of a full day tag team tantrums. Thank goodness for the 80s station on satellite radio... I wouldn't have made it without "Do you really want to hurt me?"