Pages

Monday, November 3, 2008

1986 is calling. . .

On Saturday, I was able to use a skill that I learned in the 8th grade.

No, it wasn't anything that I learned in Mrs. Ballard's Algebra I class--I am waiting to use the "cleaning an entire overhead with your own spit and fingers" one day. It also wasn't anything that involved taking broken wings and learning to fly again-learn to live so free.

It was a simple fashion skill that I acquired from Tyler Goldberg. Nobody could tight-roll their jeans better than Tyler. He is an orthopedic doctor now--maybe the tight-rolled jeans in junior high set his course for success. (It also could be that his dad was an orthopedic doctor as well).

He could get those acid-washed jeans tight and rolled that they would never fall down. He did that of course, to properly display his pastel colored Zodiac shoes. For my younger audience, you may not be as familiar with Zodiacs. They were like a cross between a moccasin and a loafer--sort of. They started making them in multiple colors--I mean one shoe had multiple colors. It was the 80s--the more color, the better.

Back to my point. I was able to take what I learned in the 8th grade and apply it to today. I had on flowy yoga type pants today. Not a good mix with a day of cleaning floors and kitchens and bathrooms. I thought, "Why change pants when I can adjust the ones I have to work for me?" And so I did.

I tight-rolled those black yoga pants really well. They never fell down. They sort of looked like knickers or Hammer pants but it worked. This same skill would have been helpful on Thursday night. (Please see blog post about my glamorous life for details). In the chaos that ensued after the "poop issue" I had on those same flowy pants. I was freaking out about whether or not my wide-legged pants would inadvertently swipe the poop, so I just took them off and cleaned the carpet with just my scivies. Not a pretty picture--for all sorts of reasons.

Just thinking I could have used that tight roll on Thursday night.

If you learned a valuable life lesson in the 8th grade, please feel free to share it with us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

laughing so hard at your post about the poop. Robert swears that everytime I leave town someone has a poop accident so he can relate. laughing out loud with you!

Anonymous said...

okay, i had a crazy dream about you last night! it must be from reading your "mommy makeover" posts??? i dreamed you came to my house to do a makeover on me and i told you before you came in that our house was a mess. you walked in and said, "WOW! this IS a mess!" so i told you the living room was the neatest room and i'd take you there. you said, "chrys, this is really still a horrible mess! i would be embarrassed!"

and it just went downhill from there. you tried to do a makeover on both mike and i "b/c we both really need it" but the clothes you brought us were ridiculously expensive. you pulled out a sequined top for me that was $400 and you said it would look great with jeans. :) anyway, i had to let you know b/c i feel like i've been talking to you all night. i'm sorry i was such a makeover disappointment to you! :) HA!