Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Just some stuff to whine about

Here are my thoughts today--in no particular order.

1. I hate vomit. I hate vomiting or cleaning vomit or smelling it or anything.
(Poor Bo has a little bug. Sorry if you are finding this out and you had some contact with Bo lately. We saw about 52 kids in the last few days so I just couldn't bring myself to notify everyone. On a different note, I just ran into an old YL girl and she has never ever in her whole life thrown up! Shut up!)

2. The parking garage at the Galleria near Banana, Gap and ON is one of Satan's tools to steal my joy. Ok. A bit overly dramatic but none the less, true. Who designed that thing? An Aggie? (or insert your favorite people group to make fun of--I don't really have one and I went to UT so I defaulted to Aggies) I went to the Galleria tonight with L & R. I needed to go to ON and I wanted to leave the house once today. They have no elevators, I literally had to carry the double stroller up 2 flights of stairs.

You may be wondering a few things right now. Why in the heck did I have a double stroller with my 5 yr old and 3 1/2 yr old? They said they wanted to ride and not walk so I accommodated them thinking that would help in the long lines at ON. It did help there. Not so much in the tiny Forever 21 where I strolled over several peoples' UGG's and pulled down a pair of $7 earrings.

3. I saw a 50 lb (or more) toddler girl at the mall. You know, Oprah or 48 hours or Dateline or someone just recently did a special on that problem. I didn't see it, just the preview for it. Let me tell you that seeing a 50 lb little girl drinking milk from a bottle is a little disturbing--on several levels. I have nothing more to say about that.

4. Speaking of disturbing. . . I am on the hunt for . . . wait for it. . . the hunt for skinny jeans. I never thought I would say that or then blog about it. There is something so wrong with me searching for skinny jeans. But I have a pair of boots that I think would look cute with jeans tucked in. I really don't want to spend more than $25 on these jeans. I am thinking that the denim quality you get when you spend so little on jeans is going to be awesome!

5. Let me be clear about something. I am all talk about a lot of things. Yes, I do Mommy Makeovers. No, I am not actually that fashionable. This is what I think I bring to the table in the fashion/beauty area--I am honest, I think I can tell what style, cut and silhouette looks best on women, and I can do hair pretty well.

If you see me on a daily basis, I don't always look put together. (that is slightly an understatement) I know how to put myself together but sometimes life and laziness get in my way. Yes, I still like to talk to other women about their style, fashion, hair and overall self-image. No, I don't think looking good is the goal. Yes, it is nice to know how to look your best and to feel attractive and not just be a good nose-wiper, snack-getter, whining-receiver, blog-checker, Sonic-drinker, book-reader, church-goer, etc. (you get my point).

I see the Mommy Makeovers as an opportunity to spend time with someone and figure out together what they feel great in. Also, figuring out how they can care for themselves well and honor their husband too. It is just a whole lot of fun. Yes, if you are interested let me know! No, you can't nominate someone else unless they want to be nominated.

Yes, I am going to mop my kitchen floor at 9:30 on a Saturday night. Wow, am I cool.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up. I need help with my hair... I feel like I don't have a hairdo. we MUST talk soon.

The Bindras said...

vomit stinks. Literally. we had a bit at our house a couple of nights ago. Thankfully, Kylie got it all out in one shot. And managed to completely miss the carpet. Hurray! Also, I found skinny jeans (funny how skinny jeans don't actually make you look skinny) at Forever 21 for (wait) TWELVE DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS. Methinks they might fall apart in the first wash. However, you may be able to get away with never washing them, as I am pretty sure the trend will be "out" in the next couple of weeks. I love your Mommy Makeovers and love your heart to encourage women- reminding them that God made them beautiful! And not because of their hair or make-up, but b/c of their hearts...I think people miss that part- and the relational part that is key for you. long comment.

The B4 said...

that was funny to read...

i am impressed that a mom friend of mine found forever 21 pants/jeans that fit b/c everytime i go there and try on anything for my bottom half, i am reminded that i am NOT 21 and i have had 2 kids. but i love their tops! :)

hope the vomitting is over. i hate that too--i always run the other way if i hear someone had it recently. :)