Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Goooooaaaalllllll!

I just played in my last soccer game of the season. I was a mid-season replacement for the Ruffians--the Mighty Ruffians to be exact.

Cynthia "tia" Culver recruited me for the team. I have to admit that I was hesitant to ask Kyle about playing on the team about two weeks after completing the triathlon. He had already done so much for our family during training this summer but I asked anyway. Of course, he agreed. He did ask why I wanted to play.

I used to play soccer. I mean 18 years ago I played soccer. I always loved soccer--except for the 7th grade when I quit for a season because I thought my social life was hampered by my excessive amount of soccer playing. I took it back up in the 8th grade due to a lack of social life not caused by soccer.

Anyway, I have wanted to play for the last several years but have either been pregnant or had a newborn. I wanted to play with my friend Anne because she also played soccer as a kid and it's always fun to play with Anne! But she is pregnant--so she was out.

So I only got to play in four games. One of the games I got injured within the first 10 minutes and sat out the rest of the game. My 36 year old body just does not move like my 18 year old body. My mind still thinks it should but I just can't get there as fast as I think I should be able to!

All that to say, I had such a great time. I remembered why I loved playing soccer for all of those years. I really enjoyed meeting all the women on my team! I got to spend time with Tia. And of course, we won all of our games--that is fun too. I did score one goal!

Thanks Tia for inviting me to the team.

I know, we look hot!

1 comment:

The B4 said...

sounds so fun! glad you got to play...i hear you and cynthia met roxanna's sister...PTL!