Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dear Diary, (NOT)

I just want to thank all 12 of you for telling me what was in your purse. I found it quite interesting and entertaining. Plus, it made me feel loved--you read and you respond. So thank you.

I am planning on getting some orbit gum--clearly I am missing out. And Jenny and I both went out and bought some Burt's bees chapstick. So there you have it. We might have all learned a little something from it. And I am betting that a few of you actually cleaned out your purse after recording the contents of said purse.

I realize that it has been a little while since I posted. But I just wanted to let you know that it is probably a good thing that I don't post every time I think of something to post. Since I started blogging last summer, a weird thing has happened to me.

I often catch myself writing pretend blog posts in my head. Not unlike one would write in a diary. Like I see something random happen at the grocery store and my immediate thought is that I should totally record this incident in my blog. But the good news is that I have a few filters that I eventually put it through and about 90% of my pretend blog posts never make it to the screen.

Some of my filters are that the story isn't really that funny, or you literally had to be there, or I can't figure out how to describe the situation well enough that anyone else would understand it or I think I am the only one who would find something funny or interesting or I just get busy with life and forget to post it. Any of those could happen and the pretend blog is gone. Never to be recorded.

Sad.

Or really not so sad. Because one pretend blog was that during the month of "the program" which included eating a lot of veggies, I literally got on the treadmill for maybe 4 minutes and realized that I had such bad gas that it would be impossible to run without accidental gas leakage--so I got off the treadmill and went home.

See--it's not so sad that not every post that I plan in my head doesn't make it to print.

(what is that a triple negative or something? I am an awesome writer. Mr. Wood would be so proud--for all of you LHHS friends)

6 comments:

The B4 said...

you are silly. :)

Howell Fam said...

oh no you didn't........;)

Anonymous said...

oh yes you did. may i suggest buying eclipse gum (comes in a 60 piece tub, also sugar free but much has more flavah) and Lip Trip chapstick (wayyy better than burts. much thicker and stays on longer. can be found at your neighborhood whole foods)

The Bindras said...

my mom is rolling over in her grave by the idea of a TUB of gum. I, however, am thrilled by your use of the word "flavah." Could you please swing a tube of Lip Trip on over to Fieldcrest Dr? Mama doesn't get over to Whole Foods too often.
and, Mis, seriously- show some restraint. YOUR mom is rolling over by the un-ladylike admissions in your post. I am pretty sure Martha doesn't have gas. Ever.

Anonymous said...

every couple of weeks i remember to check out the blog world....LOL the gas comment...sorry i'm a late commenter on the purse...lots of pens, loose change, coupons and gift cards....oh and several lip glosses, all which are probably not missy approved!

The Ratliffs said...

Mr. Wood WOULD be proud. Your "pretend blog" posts sound equally as funny as your actual posts- I am going to have to request a few more of those to make it to print. The treadmill one is classic. :)