Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas with the Cranks

So I haven't posted in a quite a while.

I had some plastic surgery over the break and wasn't able to sit up and read the computer. I now look 30 instead of 36. OK, not true.

We went to Banff Canada for a family skiing trip. We snowboarded some black diamonds. Also, not true.

The reality is that we really didn't have a great Christmas. I got sick. Kyle got sicker. It all started on Christmas Eve and lasted for 4 or 5 days!

I mean, don't get me wrong, Santa made it to our house. He brought the kids exactly what they asked for! Shocking how Santa knew what they wanted since they wouldn't have anything to do with him.

Lainey got the white board (dry-erase) that she was dying to have. (It is like her teacher's board). We are just waiting for Bo to get a hold of the markers and destroy some lovely piece of fabric around here.

Rhody only wanted a kicking tee for his football. Thank God he got it! That $5 orange rubber kick off tee is such a life-saver! For weeks, people (mainly Mommy) have been holding the football for him or helping him build make-shift tees--usually involving empty toilet paper rolls.

Bo was just as thrilled to open the gifts as he was to see what was in the gift. He was happy to play with whatever toy his siblings were playing with. They always handled with grace and kindness. Because that is how we roll over here.

Just an ear update--I am still cleaning snot-like stuff out of his ear about 6-8 times a day. Good times. I am worried that it might be brain matter leaking now. Brother Bo can't stand to lose any important brain fluids! (j/k about the brain matter--just in case a grandmother reads this)

We went to Texarkana and the kids loved it as usual! They love Gobby and Diddy Daddy and Casey (and the dog Molly). They get a ton of attention and get loved on 24/7. How could they not love it?

The reason Christmas wasn't so great was because I was sick and had a really bad attitude about the whole thing.

I don't want to bore you with the details of my self-centered, pity party that I had instead of enjoying the Christmas season. Let's hope for a better one next year!

I might need to make a resolution about something like having a better attitude. Putting others needs before my own. Having an eternal perspective. You know, things like that.

I hope you have a Happy New Year's Eve! I am sure I will be in bed well before midnight!

2 comments:

Ryan Dooley said...

Next time you need a make shift kicking tee, slurpee lids work great!

Anonymous said...

plastic surgery...you are FUNNY. Sorry you were sick-that stinks! Hope to see more of my friend Mis in 2009!

Happy New Year!