Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

Wow! I just ate a really HOT hot tamale! Every once in a while you just get one that will burn the hair off your throat. I am not sure we actually have hair on our throats. I am guessing no.

So, I just have some random thoughts (again).

You other moms might understand this. Once Lainey could walk, actually crawl, I get NO privacy in the bathroom. I mean none. For some reason the kids think that when I walk to the bathroom, they must drop everything they are doing to come follow me. Lainey doesn't really do that anymore but Bo definitely does. I figure it is just part of life now. Not my favorite part. I do sneak back there occasionally to get some privacy. I could talk about it more but I am thinking no one wants to hear anymore about the bathroom.

So Lainey looks just like her dad. I hear that at least 5 times a week! So funny. I think people are in awe that there is nothing of me in her appearance. But she really is a combo of us. Really. We do "highs/lows" before bed each night. On Wednesday night, her two "highs" were: Getting to go to Nana's to see the tables decorated for Thanksgiving (that part is me) and getting to clean up and organize her desk by herself (that would be Kyle).

I took Bo to the doctor today. Actually, we saw the Nurse Practitioner. We like her and can get in a lot easier to be seen by her. Bo has tubes in his ears and they have been draining for a week. (This could be the grossest post ever) I called today and they said to bring him in. He has an infection in both ears! Way to go Mommy! They asked if he had a fever (no), if he was not sleeping (sleeping fine), or any other symptoms (just the snot coming out of his ears). Oh, and he has been just plain awful for a week. I mean the kind of awful where Kyle and I just stare at each other and wonder where he came from. (since this child looks just like a Thomas, we know where he came from). The nurse said maybe it was his ears. I will be sure to let you know in 10 days after we finish the antibiotic. Cross your fingers that it is the ear infection and not a permanent personality shift.

Rhody is precious. He still loves sports. Asks to watch football on the weekends. Wants a kicking tee for Christmas--and that's all. He is unashamedly scared of Santa--has no interest in seeing him. A 2 year old girl made him cry today. He cries over a lot of things. Yet, that same sensitive boy is the one who wants to make sure everyone wins. If he makes a touchdown, he makes sure that Bo makes one too. He is so proud of all his accomplishments. Like putting his socks on by himself. Or blowing his nose. He gets a grin from ear to ear to tell me of the puzzle he did or the points he scored. It is so cute. I can see him looking to the stands to see all of us smiling at him when he plays well! He is totally that kid!

I have more random thoughts but I am going to go watch tv instead!

2 comments:

kristin cowden said...

want you to know i LOVE following your sweet posts! The only bad thing is...it really makes me miss sweet times with Missy! love laughing at your posts...b/c i can soo relate! we must catch up very soon!
lvoe,
kristin

The B4 said...

glad you may have direction re: bo's behavior. i could tell it wasn't a great day at CFA saturday. been there.

your post made me giggle. lainey does have some of her momma in her!