Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Miss Katie

Katie Couric that is. I watched her every morning on the Today show. I was with her when she started the Today show and she was very pregnant with daughter, Ellie (that is where I got the idea that Ellie is such a cute nick name for Eleanor--ie. Ellie Beller). Then a few years later, she had her second child Carrie. And I was heart-broken for her when she lost her husband to cancer and returned to the show only a couple of months later.

She was my link to the world every morning. I know much of what I know because of the Today show. A bit dramatic but totally true.

Her liberalism bugged me but I liked her so much that I let that go. I watched her host the Olympics, the Macy's Day parade and the Tonight Show one time.

And of course, I was with her through all the hair styles. When I say I was with her, I mean I was watching her sometimes with admiration and sometimes with confusion.

She is so cute that it is hard to take that away from her with a questionable hair style.

All that to say that I was flipping through tv yesterday and saw that she had chopped her hair off! My first thought was that I had no idea that my friend Katie had cut her hair! I had no idea when she had done it, why, did she like it! I am so out of the loop.

It just reminded me that I miss seeing her every morning. Her life is going on without me.

I like Meredith Viera enough. She is just not Katie.

Click here to go see her new look. (because I can't seem to figure out how to get a pic from the web on to my blog.)

Enough about some total stranger that I called a friend. I need to go address Christmas cards. I can't believe how behind I am this year!

No comments: