Pages

Friday, December 12, 2008

Dear Santa

Lainey has been having a great time at school talking about Christmas. They wrote letters to Santa and they drew pictures of what they wanted for Christmas. In her illustrations of what she wanted (she also had to write the word of the item next to it), she asked for a dress, a coat, a necklace, a calendar, a white board (like her teachers) and a couple of other things.

Yes, she did ask for a coat. Like the kids on the Angel Tree might have asked for. Another proud moment for Mom.

Anyway, here is a snippet of her letter to Santa. I will use her spelling as well.

Dear Santa,

I been good this year Santa. . . I wut (want) a camru. My mom wuts a bathen soot. . .

Love, Lainey

We don't know why all the sudden she can't spell want! But more importantly, what up with her asking for a bathing suit for me?

So, this morning we talked about it. She brought it up. She said, "did you know that I asked Santa for a bathing suit for you?"

Me, "Yes I did. (laughing) Why did you ask Santa for a bathing suit for me?"

Lainey, "Because your bathing suits are too small."

Why else would one ask for a bathing suit?

Merry Christmas to Mommy.

2 comments:

Meredith Copley said...

Missy, I am dying laughing reading this! I guess its time to put those string bikinis away ;)

Haley said...

I love my little niece. Missy, you & Lainey together could make me laugh all day long.