Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

Making the Cut

So I was visiting with a friend tonight--ok, it was Jenny. I could keep her identity private--but why? I like to throw her under the bus too.

This was the topic of conversation (a conversation that we had after a run, the run was after I ate a hamburger and fries for dinner which made my run a little shorter with a side cramp): So I really can't eat whatever I want and stay at a good, healthy weight? Really? So consuming pints of Ben & Jerry's and loaves of bread does impact my body composition? Even if I exercise somewhat regularly? Really? Really.

I have known this truth for about 20 years now. But I don't really believe it. I think of myself as a somewhat intelligent and reasonable human being. But not when it comes to food and exercise and the cause and effect.

I always wanted to be that girl that you might overhear something like this coming out of her mouth, "I can just eat whatever I want. My metabolism is like it was when I was 17 years old! I don't even exercise much. blah blah blah blah."

Really, I hate that girl. So maybe I don't want to be that girl because I would have no friends. But I have to be honest, my metabolism didn't work like that when I was 17. I have no "glory days" to look back fondly on.

But I often want things to work out--with out the work. Make sense? I seriously want to eat what I want to eat when I want to eat it with absolutely no consequences. Sound like something my 2, 3 or 5 year old might think? Totally. Wow, that is embarrassingly true.

I am not sure where I am going with this. Just wanted to throw it out there to my blog audience. (Jenny and 2 other people)

I did recently get the Jillian Michael's book Making the Cut. It is about "getting ripped" and losing those last few pounds and most importantly, being able to confidently "run while wearing a bikini."

Really? Run while wearing a bikini? Can you imagine anything more disturbing? Where exactly would I be running? Why? Plus, I am not sure that Santa is going to bring me a bikini (see previous post about Lainey's letter to Santa).

I haven't really read the book yet but I plan to glance through it. I will let you know what I think. I plan to do something about getting to my ideal weight/size/shape--whatever you call it. Please stay tuned.

I guess I shouldn't go eat that Peppermint ice cream. Mainly because I am really not that hungry. And it might give me some reflux. What am I 82 years old?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missy!!

you are hilarious and just beautiful the way you are! Can't believe you think you need to lose anything!!

love you friend!
Joy Blocker

The Bindras said...

I am SO THERE with you, friend! We are AT THE GYM in JANUARY...anyone want to join us? We will be doing Jillian's HARD CORE workout and eating unbelievably healthy (and expensive; apparently it is significantly more expensive to eat healthily- who knew??). Jillian says (according to Missy) that it can all happen in one month. So, look for us on Feb 1- we will be ripped and running through LH in our bikinis. Watch out, world, here we come! (does this mean I have to give up my Chocolate Peanut Butter Haagan Daz?)

The B4 said...

how did i miss this post? running in a bikini??????? NO THANK YOU! not ever.

jenny and missy, stop your "ripped" selves from this nonsense talk. you're running marathons, doing triatholons, and have 3 kids each!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus delights in your cute bodies and faithful hearts!

p.s. i like dreyers "chocolate chip" ice cream myself. :)