Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Glamorous Life

It is Sunday morning around 10:00 am and I can't believe I have 12 more hours before I go to bed! It has been one of those mornings.

It actually started last night. Rhody threw up around 10:45 pm. As throw up goes, it wasn't too bad. It got in his bed but not the carpet. Then he made it to the potty for the rest.

We made a pallet for him and he slept the rest of the night in there. No more vomit! Yee Haw.

But the night was not done. I moved to the couch because Rhody was snoring too loud for me!

Not long after I fell asleep, Bo woke up. The first of like 4 times he woke up. It was about every 30-45 minutes or so. Can you say "brutal?" That is not a normal occurrence for Bo and I was so done with him. On the 3rd or 4th time awake, Kyle asked him what was wrong and he said his ear hurts.

I didn't think to ask him what was wrong. I thought he just knew mommy was asleep right outside of his room and that as soon as I drifted off, it was his job to wake me up again.

Kyle left for church around 6:30 am. Bo and I have been up since right after then. I did my best to lay in bed still--pretending like I was sleeping--but not actually sleeping.

So far this morning, I have cleaned out a draining ear 3 times (looks like snot coming out of his ear), fixed 3 bowls of cereal, put sprite in a cup for Rhody, then gave him some banana bread, washed dirty sheets (but not all the regular laundry waiting for me), washed a possibly infected wound on Rhody's foot and discovered he has a real hatred for band aids and hydrogen peroxide, got snacks for all the kids and of course, changed a dirty diaper.

To top it all off, I opened the door to the garage to put the dirty diaper in there and something little and fast ran out from under my car. Ahhhhhh!!!!

I am going to go brush my teeth and put a bra on. That way I will feel as if I accomplished something today!!!

The reality of motherhood.

5 comments:

The B4 said...

parenting and mothering is not for wimps. may your crown for today's service be glorious, mis!

sorry about all that. that is brutal. hope you get bo into the doc tomorrow and work on that ear. hope the throw up goes no further in your house and that all recover and feel bright and merry for christmas day! we ask it so, LORD Jesus.

love,
Jess :)

the bowlin family said...

oh mis, i am so sorry! that's all a real bummer. hope everyone is feeling better soon and that you get a good nights rest tonight. love, stephanie

Howell Fam said...

Girl- So sorry the Richardson house has been enduring all this sickness. Praying for brighter days tomorrow!! - Erin

kristin cowden said...

i love your blog sweet missy and i love following your world...i feel like i am reading about my own life! I treasure the sweet memories of dating and young marrieds we all shared together! Missing you from Austin and thinking of your sweet family this Christmas! love to you! no more sickies!!!

Sarah Graham said...

Reed threw up in the Scott's kitchen sink last night while we were having our Community group Christmas! Yeah - fun!