Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

iPhone pictures and more

It's been a while since I posted. I didn't have my computer for a little while. Rob helped me save my computer! I bought a hard drive and Rob moved some of my files. I ran out of room on my laptop and I couldn't download any pictures! Plus, it started shutting down applications that took too much memory to run. All that to say. . .I am back online. It feels good to be back!

I really love my iPhone. During the time without use of my computer, I could at least check email from my phone. I still felt connected to the world. I was even able to get online to find a dress I saw at the store and email a friend with more details about said dress! All is right in the world.

So now that I have my computer and my iPhone, I downloaded some pics from the phone to the computer. This a random assortment of photos with no connection to anything!

I went to Target a few weeks ago. They had several really cute and fun coats. Lightweight and stylish. I tried to take a picture of myself wearing one, but this is all I could get. Not a great picture of me or the jacket! Oh well, you will just have to trust me.



Today Jenny and I met at the Galleria. With no kids. It's Thursday! We went into Forever 21. You know the store where the clothes make you remember that it's been forever since you were 21? But it is just so cheap. It's hard to resist!

Let me be clear, this was just a funny outfit that I put on to make Jenny laugh!. The heels are literally 5 inches tall! I couldn't move. Just so you know, they are selling turtlenecks for $9.50 there! I got one last year that I wore all the time. Now I haven't checked my closet to see if it still exists or just spontaneously combusted. (is that a word?)

This is poor Bo 2 weeks ago when he got soooo sick. He got a stomach bug that just knocked him out. He literally just laid down on a towel in his room. He fell asleep there a lot. He didn't want in his bed or anywhere! Just the floor or our arms.

Here is Bo in happier times! This is Bo and his second cousin "Baby Sarah." Bo loves Sarah! He wants to hold her all the time. We happened to run into Sarah and her family at Mariano's tonight. What fun for all of our kids! Sarah has 3 older brothers and sisters that Lainey and Rhody love to play with too. Don't you love Lake Highlands? I just happened to run into my cousin Will and family at dinner tonight! It was a treat. Maybe not so much for the tables around ours. We had 7 children at our table. Enough said.


The next pic is a new favorite product of ours. It's Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day.


My friend Jenny got it for me to try. We love it. It smells like Lemon Verbena. I am not sure what that is exactly but it smells fresh and clean!

Speaking of Jenny, she loved the product so much that she sent out this informative and entertaining email about it. If she had a blog, she would have totally posted this. But she doesn't so I will. From Jenny. . .

Hello friends!
As requested, I have come up with another new favorite house-hold thing!
Read on...
As many of you know, I love to clean house. Wait- scratch that. What I MEANT to type was "I love a clean house." Very different than "I love TO clean house." In reality, I don't really mind cleaning all that much...in a perfect world: no children around, proper cleaning tools, plenty of time, rainy weather, no children around, '80's music playing loudly in the background (preferably INXS)...However, these perfect conditions rarely (if ever) occur. And when they do, generally the last thing I want to do is clean. So, um, I guess maybe I don't really even LIKE to clean house. bummer.

I remember when we had a housekeeper... (pause to allow the dream sequence music to begin) It was my favorite day of the month. I would come home from work almost giddy with the anticipation of how our house would smell deliciously and perfectly clean. Like Pine-sol, Windex, and love. Honestly, I don't really remember our house ever being dirty when I was working- really, who was there to make it dirty?? But, I still loved the feel and smell of a clean house.

Fast forward 5 years and 3 children later. My house is rarely clean. In fact, it rarely even smells clean. Oh, I can occasionally fake it with a candle or by throwing things in closets. But woe to the person who comes to our home at 5pm or just after Kylie has delivered her latest "present." In fact, my new reality is this: my house will be clean when my kids go to school (yes, I know, all of you with school-aged children are chuckling at my naivete- "silly, hopeful woman not driving carpool, doing homework, and spending time at the elementary school"). But this is what I have to tell myself to get through the days of dried leaf and sand flower arrangements, cushion and blanket forts, babies and strollers and various baby clothes and laundry that needs to be washed and laundry that needs to be put away. And did I mention the love that my girls have for accessories? And God forbid we have rice or grated cheese for dinner...it almost makes me want to get a dog. (almost, Missy)

So, I have found a new cleaning product that gives me the illusion that my house is clean. And I can walk around in a blissful haze of Lemon Verbena, all while tripping over couch cushions and introducing my girls as they put on another "show." This magical product is called: Mrs Myer's Clean Day Countertop Spray. It is heavenly and makes your whole house (ok, really just your kitchen, but isn't that enough?) sparkle and shine and smell really really great. Sadly, you cannot find it at your local Wal-Mart. Thus far, I have found it only at Central Market or Whole Foods (some of you have stopped reading, I know- but I promise- I will pick it up for you!!). It is good for the environment, cleans like you did before you had children, and is not tested on animals or small children (ok, I just made that part up about not being tested on small children, but I am sure that it is not).

So, drop your mop! Throw your dust-rag in to the closet! Grab a bottle of Mrs. Myer's Clean Day Countertop Spray! And, as Keeley and I gushed about it last night, she mentioned that the refill bottle that you buy after you've used your first bottle is a mere fraction of the cost and lasts decades. (maybe not decades, but months, for sure). Oh happy day!

love-
jenny

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Nice outfit. Can I borrow it?? If you don't want to share shoes, I have a pair of purple glitter jelly shoes that will look perfect:) hehe!

Sarah Graham said...

I love Mrs. Meyers (and the outfit)! they have lemon verbena dryer sheets- they smell awesome and you can carry the "illusion" of a clean life with you all day long!

Anonymous said...

missy- from what i can tell, that target coat IS cute. and jenny- start a blog! maybe id be more inclined to clean if i had someone giving me cleaning tips. but i realize it wouldnt just be a cleaning blog. or i hope it wouldnt