Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2008

iPods, running, movies, etc.

Good morning! Well, the kids are in Texarkana this weekend with Kyle's parents. Yippee! The kids are having so much fun with Gobby and Diddy Daddy plus Mommy and Daddy get all kinds of stuff done here (and a movie or two!). Actually, we went to see Get Smart last night. We really enjoyed it and we sat on the same row as Ross Perot!!! Kyle was totally star struck. He sort of stalked him out to the concession stand. Ross is looking pretty good. Unfortunately, he tripped going up the stairs to his seat--don't worry he bounced right back up. It was fun to see him and know that even the super rich people with theaters in their own home still go to the mall to see a movie!

I just finished my long run this morning--6 miles! (for those of you who just tuned in to our lives, I am training for a triathlon and that is why I got up early even with kids away and ran in this awful heat! more on the triathlon another day) The fun thing about having a blog is that now while I am running, I think about what I could post on the blog. I don't always run alone but Kelli Davenport ended up not being able to go with me this morning. Sad she wasn't there but seriously, she is one of the best runners I know and I am not sure I could hang with her for six miles! Next time Kelli! Back to my random thoughts during my run. Have you ever run with the sun on your back so that you see your shadow running in front of you? Well, that is what it was like for me this morning. I made two observations: 1) my backside (bottom, if you will) looked unusually large compared to the rest of my body which I am convinced was totally an optical illusion and I will now put it in the back of my mind and forget that I ever even witnessed such a sight and 2) my pony tail looked like a horse's mane. I also thought it resembled the blonde pony tail of that cute 16 year old girl who made into the finals of the 1500 meter in the Olympic trials. I was exactly like her except that her hair isn't triple processed, she is literally 20 years younger than me and she could kick my tail in any sort of foot race--but other than that we are totally similar. (She didn't make the team--look for her in 4 years)

If you are looking for a few new songs to add to your playlist, here are a few fun ones to run to.
I am not sure of the exact title of these songs!!!

Pocket Full of Sunshine--Natasha Beddingfield (sp?)
Shake it! This is totally a throw back to the 80's!! so fun! Miley Cyrus' brother is in the band.
Since You've Been Gone--Kelly Clarkson (it is on my iPod 3 different times)
4 Minutes to save the world (?) -- Madonna and Justin Timberlake (who doesn't like madonna)

I am always looking for new songs to add to my playlist too! Gotta be upbeat.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

The Bindras said...

FINALLY! another post! but, did you forget to give credit for 3 of your 4 super cool running songs? Way to go on your 6miler. Esp when it's already 80 degrees. Gotta love training in Big D in the summer. Cmon. Most importantly, where did y'all eat last night? Finally, you may not look 16, but you TOTALLY look 26 :)

Haley said...

thanks for the new song ideas. always up for more....
Plus...your posts make me laugh. I want to be like you Missy.