Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It is just like riding a bike

Early this morning, I went on my first bike ride using my new bike shoes and clips. My sweet Bible study girls were praying for me not to make such a huge idiot of myself this morning. I never even practiced until the actual ride. I did not fall!!! I did have to warn some bikers who cam e up behind me at a light that they might not want to be right behind the amateur in case I had some trouble. But I clipped in and made it through the light. Thanks to Nancy, Lee Ann and Helen who made the early morning ride much more fun! You girls are awesome!

Here are the shoes that I got. See the red part, that is the cleat (i think) that clips into the petal. Lainey asked if she could not smile on this one--just be the model.



This is my new pedal. My shoe clicks right into these. You have to sort of twist your foot to get it out of the pedal. For those of us who have never had anything to do with cycling, you might not have even seen one of these before--like me! I can't say that I felt a whole lot faster just yet. But I am sure I am and that I will be doing the Tour de France any day now!

2 comments:

a-townblog said...

Way to go, Missy! Some my favorite moments have been watching Ty pull into the driveway and not be able to unclip. Seriously...it's funny. Real funny. Anyway, I think it definitely took him more than one ride. You are a TOTAL overachiever!

The Bindras said...

nice job, Mis! I knew you could do it. But, really, it would've made for a MUCH funnier entry if you'd fallen...AND if you'd had video footage!! Not that funny is ALWAYS the goal. Just most of the time. Also, you could've sent it in to AFV and won TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS! I think it would've been much more humorous than a "singing" dog.