Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My First Fall

Well, it had to happen. I fell off my bike this morning. I guess I should say I fell "with" my bike this morning, thanks to my clips. It sounds more dramatic then it really was. I was turning into my alley and my tire slipped off the pavement. I fell to the left. I am not so good at clipping out on the left--and definitely couldn't do it quickly! The good news is that it was literally the best situation for a fall. I fell into a "hill" of grass on my left. I maybe had to fall a foot or two before hitting a hill of grass-not pavement!

I successfully had my first fall. No bruises or scrapes to prove it. But still a decent fall.

5 comments:

Howell Fam said...

Way to go Missy!! You are officially a hard core cyclist.

The Bindras said...

awesome! glad it was the "best possible scenario" for a fall! next time, could you please include a video?

Anonymous said...

praying for no more falls.

Chrys and Mike said...

oh, fall or no fall, i'm so impressed that you're out there riding.

btw, it would have taken me a lot less time to fall off that bike. and i'm sure it wouldn't have been a "best possible scenario" situation.

way to go!

chrys

SarahFifer said...

Sorry no bruises to prove it and get the sympathy but I'm glad you have survived your first fall!!