Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Last Weekend

We had a great weekend. Saturday we packed up the van and headed to Sarah Fifer's parent's lake house. My parent's sold their lake house last spring so we haven't done anything like that this year. Lainey was so looking forward to going to Abby's lake house with friends. I didn't take a single picture! Crazy, I know. I just have a few pics that Haley sent me. Haley and Sarah blogged about it with more pics!


Bo loved the water slide! Seriously, he played in it for about 3 hours straight.
Cute cousins. Charly and Rhody also enjoying the water slide.

Swinging on the hammock (for about 1.6 minutes!). Bo, Liza and Rhody. What up with my neck? Seriously, if I was ever wondering, "am I one of those people who look ok without makeup?" I had that answered with all the pics from the lake.
No, I am not one of those people.

You are probably waiting to see a picture of Lainey having fun at the lake. No pictures available. She had such a great time. She was quoted as saying, "I love jet skis. I love Sarah's lake house. I love jetskis-they sometimes go a little too fast for me." However, after hours of fun it was time to go, she proceeded to have a meltdown. Think Chernobyl. Seriously, the worst ever in her life. Good times leaving the lake. No pictures available.

Thank you Sarah and Stephanie for a great weekend. Thank you for the burgers and dogs. Thanks for being such great hostesses. We all had a great time (except for lainey for about 20 minutes).

Once Lainey calmed down, she asked when she and Abby could come out to the lake by themselves. I said we would have to talk to Sarah about it (deflect the question and procrastinate--all you moms take notes on my fabulous parenting techniques). Of course, when they are actually old enough to go, there ain't no way we are sending them by themselves. You know they would call Cobb, Mac, Brandon, Colin and friends to secretly meet them there!

Anyway, we then had lunch with our good friends Mandy and Leonard Bagdanov on Sunday. They were gracious hosts--serving us steaks! We had a great time. Lainey's dreams came true. She got to hold baby Hope a majority of our time there! She was thrilled and Hope was a champ. Thank you Mandy for allowing Lainey to hold your precious baby girl. We had fun with Mandy, Leo and the Bindras!

Our very own Bo & Hope! Bo loves the ladies- especially the ones that can't walk or crawl away from him.

Kindergarten note: Lainey had another good day today. She loved walking to her classroom without a mommy or daddy (but with her buddy addie!). I asked her yesterday if she was excited about going to kindergarten today. This was her response (it was so Lainey): "When you go to kindergarten for a week and then you take a big break and then you go back to kindergarten, you get a little nervous about it." She was fine this morning. And shockingly, her favorite part of the day was P.E.

1 comment:

SarahFifer said...

Glad we could be a part of your fun weekend - so glad ya'll were there. And looking forward to our weekend with just the girls :). they just wish they could go alone - what do they think they would do without us, seriously? Crazy girls! I love Bo and Hope - used to love that show, I am ashamed to say! Your Bo is seriously a lady's man - too bad most of them run from him :( They won't for long! Cute BOBO!!