Pages

Monday, September 15, 2008

We're Home!

We made it home tonight. Kyle and I took an earlier flight and got to see the kids for a little bit before bed. We missed them a lot--although we were so glad they weren't there with us. Too crazy!

I am definitely going to write a very detailed account of my experiences in Washington DC. I am just too tired tonight. I just wanted to say a few quick things before bed.

1. Thank you so much for all the encouraging comments, emails, messages--everything. I feel very loved by so many.

2. Thank you to Jenny who wins the award for most awesome-ist friend for flying all the way to DC to watch my first triathlon. I am just glad I don't have to try to describe everything to her--she saw it all first hand! It was an unbelievable event.

3. Thanks to Blair. Seriously, that was some amazing blogging (or posting?) going on during the triathlon. Thank you Blair for spending that much time and effort for me. I loved knowing that you were updating my blog and I know others enjoyed your posts. I might get ousted as the official writer for weheartchickfila!

4. Thank you to Rebecca for telling me that I should do this thing! It was great--on so many levels.

5. Thank you Dad and Kyle for always being there. Taking pictures and loving me and all my friends. Everyone loved having you there.

I have pictures and more details that I will share soon. Right now I feel like I am 100 years old. My knee is sore, I ache all over but I am grateful that I could even do a triathlon.

9 comments:

The Bindras said...

You were incredible- always had a smile on your face. But my favorite part was seeing all of y'all loving on Marge- running an extra 200 yards just to get her in. Such an incredibly beautiful picture of the body of Christ. It was a blessing to be there (and fun, too!) and I am honored to be your friend!

The Bindras said...

ps- welcome home!

olivia and henry said...

can't wait to see you, mis! i want to hear all about it. we are all so proud of you and so excited for you!! welcome home. we love you ;) ang

Chrys and Mike said...

you are a rock star for doing it. seriously. i thought of you while i was on the treadmill yesterday...i didn't even go very far and i was still out of breath.

way to go! glad it was such a fabulous experience.

chrys

Haley said...

So glad you are back! I'm so proud of you!! Love, H

kathleen said...

glad youre back! now im just waiting for that detailed report..

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. We are very impressed.

the bowlin family said...

this is AMAZING, well you are AMAZING. i loved getting to hear more about it tonight. i am so proud of you. love, stephanie

a-townblog said...

you are AWESOME and your haircut is real, real cute!
Love-a