Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day 11 and more

So I know you are all on pins and needles wondering how the program is going.

I think it is still going well. But I am not sure it is fair to say that I am 100% on the program--at least not the eating part. The last two days I have been a little "off" the program. I had some dental work done yesterday and had to have a milkshake (doctor's orders). Today I ate the worst salad and soup for lunch that I decided to get a cookie to make up for it. Oh well!

But the exercise routine is alive and kicking. Butt kicking that is. The routine is all new this week and I assume it will be again next week--just as soon as we catch on to this week. Good news is that we haven't had to do mountain climbers this week.

I will be posting some good recipes from the book soon. Stay tuned.

I had some other thoughts this week. Not many but a few.

I mentioned earlier that I went to the dentist this week. My dentist is the fabulous Dr. Ashley Cothern. We did the triathlon together and I always loved training with her! Neither one of us keep track of laps in the pool, time on the bike or miles we have run--it's perfect. We just always needed someone else with us to help direct our workouts and tell us when to stop!

So I had some extensive work done. Enough that I got to watch an entire movie while I was in the chair! So cool. It definitely made the time go by so much faster!

I was so impressed with Ashly--she is so professional, and yet so endearing, she is a great mom and remember--a triathlete.

I was thinking, I could never do all of this! (This is really about me and not about Ashly, you get that right?) I can barely run my house. And I don't always do that well. In fact, when I got home from the dentist, Kyle had done more in the house than I would have done all day. But that's another story!

It is just funny when I think back to who I was 15 years ago. I was a recent graduate from UT business school and thought I could do about anything. I was planning on having my own business--not sure in what area or anything. I was just going to be in charge.

I thought I was that girl that could do a lot. That I could do whatever I wanted to do. Don't get me wrong, I am doing exactly what I want to do right now. Staying home with the kids is just where I want to be. However, I am not sure what else I could do if I wanted to!

I used to be an over-achiever. No more. Now I am an achieve-just-what-I-need-to kind of girl. I think it is a good place to be for me. I probably took too much pride in thinking I could do it all.

My identity does not come from what I do or even how I do it. It comes from knowing who I am. Or better said, whose I am. I am confident, qualified, content, and joyful because my identity is rooted in Christ and his love for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

missy,
just so you know, will and i are always amazed by how much you do, especially for other people. you're still an overachiever. al