Pages

Friday, January 9, 2009

Day 5-Really? Only 5?

So I have been on the "program" for 5 days. Seriously, I counted twice on my fingers to make sure that is right. It seems a lot longer than that for sure.

We had 3 early mornings at the gym. We met once mid-morning at the gym. And we had one day off! Yee Haw!

Here are some of my thoughts about the Jillian's Plan. It is tough. Jenny and I describe it as "Hard Core!" Some people have shown interest in trying the plan and we always say, "Go buy the book first. Read it. And then decide."

It is not easy and one shouldn't enter into it lightly.

But we are surviving. The exercises took a little while to learn but then it got easier by day 5. However, I think we do new exercises next week. We are all a little sore and feeling challenged!

The diet is pretty hard. I think we all had a tough first few days. It is not easy to drop caffeine, sugar and all white food! I definitely felt it. I was exhausted with very little energy and somehow a handful of almonds didn't quite give me the pick-me-up I was needing!

Here are a few comments from my fellow bikini bound babes! (remember--we are kidding about the bikinis!)

Jenny said, "you know it's sad when you look forward to brushing your teeth as your dessert for the evening!"

I had a similar thought this week. I was giving the kids a bath one night right after dinner. I realized I might as well go ahead and brush my teeth because I'm not eating anything else tonight. So sad. It was only 6:30 pm.

Blair Holman says, "Dang...I hate those mountain climbers! I'm not starving...yet!!! But if I don't look like a Supermodel after this...something is seriously wrong with me! I also suggest a massage for sore muscles...mine was heaven!"

Erin says, "My butt hurts, my thighs hurt, my shoulders hurt.... Day Two was brutal for me, but each day I feel more energized from eating clean, healthy food and working out. I feel good waking up and getting the workout done and having the rest of the day to accomplish what I need to do as a wife/mother. There is nothing like having a goal with 3 of your dearest friends who can share our successes, challenges and laugh our rears off....literally. Mountain Climbers.....stink."

As you can see, we don't like Mountain Climbers!

Thanks for checking in! More updates to come.

2 comments:

The B4 said...

mt climbers as if hands on the ground and picking your knees up? those are good...try this...do 10 push ups, 10 climbers, 9 push ups, 9 climbers, 8 push ups and 8 climbers until you get to zero...we do that in our class. very hard and good!

your quotes and comments made me laugh especially jenny's comment that brushing her teeth was like dessert. so sad. you girls! :)

have fun! get super sore! and start looking at bikini's. :)

Sunny said...

So far so good. Here the most trouble I'm having is no snack/junk food/sugar, etc. My mind is just programmed to feed my mouth junk when the girls are at school or I'm bored/loney. So that has been the hardest. But, so far so good on day 4 :) I really haven't felt starving or anything, just constantly redirecting myself when I want to snack. The girls asked me yesterday if we could bake cookie (yikes!), luckily it was 8:30 pm so I said not today! But I've got 26 more days to go.

Keep up the good work!