Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

School Days

The other night, Lainey and Rhody were playing school together. Guess who was the teacher?

All the stars were aligned because Lainey wanted to play teacher (always) and Rhody was willing to be the student (sometimes) and Bo was not in the way (never happens).

It was pretty cute.


Lainey had some spelling exercises for him. She would pick a word and then sound it out and he would pick the letters that went with the sounds. She wrote down his letters. As you can see, she added a little bit. I heard her explain the silent "e" that kicks the "a." She learned that in kindergarten, and I am pretty sure that Rhody had no idea what she meant but just went along with it.

Lainey obviously thought her student did a good job!

While they were sitting there, Lainey asked him to do the next exercise and Rhody replied with, "Sure, when I get done with this." Lainey joyful exclaimed, "Rhody! You did a great job! You said when I get done and not when I bees done! That is so great!"

Well done children.

1 comment:

the bowlin family said...

I think we have a teacher of the year in the making!! So cute.