Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Do You Believe in Miracles?

I don't know about y'all but my hair is a crazy, hot mess this summer. All the swimming with the kids and during my training has left my hair brittle and nasty. It is hard to comb through and I end up with a hand full of hair, well, you get my point.

I don't have the money to spend on hair/beauty products that I would like. I gotta be honest, I would spend way too much money on products if left to my own devices. It is better this way.

Anyway, I wanted to try to fix my hair "on the cheap." Go back to 1988 and remember the Aussie products (in the purple containers). I went to Target and got the 3 Minute Miracle. The smell of all Aussie products reminds me of my sophomore year of high school, waiting to get my driver's license, "scrunching" my permed hair, wearing Forenza outfits and eating Burger Street everyday after school. Was that an early dinner or a late lunch?

I know you are all dying to know how the 3 Minute Miracle worked on my nasty hair.

There was no miracle. There probably wasn't even in 1988 when I used it. I think my hair is a tad bit softer but it took me forever to comb it out. I guess I am a freak of hair nature. Don't get me wrong, I will use it again. I bought the stuff, I will use it for a while and hope that it does turn into a miracle.

Maybe I should try a V05 hot oil treatment next.

3 comments:

The Bindras said...

oh my gosh. Aussie Scrunch Spray TOTALLY takes me back to the summer before my sr yr of high school! If I were to smell it right now, I would begin singing any number of Erasure or George Michael's songs and rummaging around for an Esprit outfit and some bone colored hose and slathering my lipes with Carmex...if it's any consolation, your hair doesn't LOOK dry and damaged. Maybe a little trim might help?

olivia and henry said...

so i was in 6th grade during the days of aussie. yes, i used it too! and i don't know that it performed many miracles on my hair. but the smell, it takes me back! ;)
missy, your hair ALWAYS LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!!

Anonymous said...

oh my laughing out loud...