Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Going Well

I just wanted to let you know that kindergarten is going well so far. Lainey really likes it. The mornings have been ok--since we started waking her a little bit earlier. She likes P.E.--she says it is short for exercise. Today is music day and she was excited about that. Probably because it is inside in air-conditioning.

One funny thing she said on Monday night is that she was "all done with sandwiches!" After one day of school, one day of lunch in the cafeteria, one turkey sandwich, she was all done with them. I tried not to jump out of my skin and stay calm. But she will be getting some more sandwiches. I think I ate a PB &J everyday for years--except chili day of course. Lainey is anxious to buy something at lunch with her cafe number. Maybe next week and maybe a drink.

Rhody definitely misses his sister. He asks to go pick her up multiple times every morning. Even Bo asked for her. As I was putting him down for a nap yesterday, Bo looked at me and said, "Lainey, home." It was so sweet. The boys are always there at pick up ready for a hug. Lainey is thrilled to see them and Mary Elizabeth (gee gee).

I am so grateful for all of my friends who are going through this with me. And the friends who will be going through this next year who have been interested in every part of it. I can't imagine our family making such a big transition without all the love and care and encouragement from so many of you.

I am wondering what it will be like when Bo goes to school. I am guessing maybe not just like this. Sweet third child.

1 comment:

olivia and henry said...

it's so great to hear from you! we have been thinkin' about y'all a ton, and look forward to hearing more about it all when we get home. we are lovin' our time at the beach! ;) ang