Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Eight years ago



On August 19, 2000 Kyle and I got married! It was the hottest day of the summer. If you talk to my mother, the temperature that day seems to keep increasing as time goes by. It was definitely over 100 degrees. Kyle even went up to Scofield Memorial Church at 7:00 am to ensure that the air-conditioning was going full force for his almost mother-in-law. Maybe that is why they have such a good relationship to this day!

Anyway, it was such a fun and wonderful day. I remember so much of it. Most importantly, we have had so many great days since then. We have 3 beautiful, crazy, exhausting children. I can't remember my life without them. I think it included a lot more sleep and more "me-time."

Kyle is patient (except while driving), kind, generous, and encouraging. He is a fabulous father. He loves me well. He tells random stories with no connection to our conversation...but I love that about him. And so much more!

Thanks for 8 great years! Love you babe.

4 comments:

olivia and henry said...

happy anniversary, you two!!! we love y'all,
angie

Chrys and Mike said...

2nd pic cracks me up!

happy anniversary, guys!

chrys

Rob said...

happy anniversary... i need to take two random pictures with Haley and do the same blog entry in 5 months... always 5 months behind.

SarahFifer said...

Happy 8 years - I can't believe it's been 8 years - in some ways, feels like yesterday - in others feels like we've all been together and been parents forever! Glad we're doing this crazy life with you guys! Love ya'll.