Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tomorrow's the Day

I have just a few thoughts for today.

1. I really, really dislike (nicer words for HATE) taking my youngest child to Target--or any other store for that matter. I know, I know many of you are thinking that I just don't remember how Lainey/Rhody were at his age. That they were also difficult and at times un-fun. Not true. He is totally different. He doesn't even pretend to be ok in the cart for any length of time. Plus, his volume is unmatched. He can talk/yell/cry/laugh louder than most grown ups. That means I can 't ignore him. No matter how hard I try.

2. Lainey goes to kindergarten tomorrow morning. Talk about rocking our world! The fact that this house will be in full motion around 7:15 am is crazy. Then we will have to take Lainey to school for the whole day! I might try to document how many times Rhody asks for her tomorrow. (of course, I can't keep track at all of how many laps I swim or laps I run so documentation tomorrow probably won't happen).

Lainey is excited but "a little bit nervous" -- her own words. She has Mrs. Barnes as her Kindergarten teacher. Lainey really liked her and we are thrilled she is our teacher. I will let you know how the first day goes later this week!

Here is Addie and Lainey at the popsicle party on Friday when they met their teachers. They aren't in the same class but hopefully they will see each other often.


I don't really have anymore thoughts. I am sad that they Olympics are over. I am excited/nervous that the triathlon is only 3 weeks away. I am in disbelief that my baby is going to kindergarten. Pray for sweet Lainey (and addie and abby) tomorrow as they enter the beginning of their school career!

3 comments:

The Bindras said...

I can't believe Lainey is going to kindergarten tomorrow. Of course, she is so ready (even if we aren't!), and will be a superstar. We will be praying for you all day, Lainey!

the bowlin family said...

i am so excited for the girls, but i am a mess (as i stated on my blog). like jenny said, lainey is going to be a "superstar." i will be praying for her and you! i am very sad the olympics are over. mark forgot to record the closing ceremony. uuuuugggg!!

kathleen said...

i cant believe shes going to REAL school! make sure to take pictures. and record what she says when she gets in the car after school. because im sure she will have a lot to say. ill be praying for yall!