Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Say "cheese"

Happy Birthday to me!

Today I am 36 years old. Seriously, that is what I used to think was "old." Even a few years ago I thought that was old. I don't think that now. I don't feel any different then when I was 23 years old. I don't think I look different--but I totally do. We all do. I live in denial! But I am happy here so I plan to stay.

Anyway, we celebrated my birthday last night with dinner at Luna de Noche and a movie (Momma Mia). I had a great time and felt very special and loved by my friends.


Warning: Cheesy Moment!

I was just visiting with one of my new triathlon friends about how 14 years ago I started praying that God would give me friends. I don't mean add to my friends. I mean one female friend that was pursuing Christ. I prayed that prayer for what seemed like forever (definitely a few years). He answered my prayers--primarily through the ministry of Young Life--in such a huge way.

I am still friends with many of the women (I prefer girls--it could be the birthday thing and feeling old) that I met back then. He continues to bless me with wonderful, godly, and encouraging friends. A lot of them celebrated with me last night. I am in a Bible study with many of these girls and doing community group with others. Seriously, for a girl who had no friends at one time, I am crazy blessed with all of you girls!

Thank you for loving me, encouraging me, cheering for me and praying for me. (and paying for me last night!)

Thank you for making it a priority to celebrate with me. I thank your husbands (or sitters) as well.

Feeling loved today!

Carrie, Stephanie, Haley, Me, Angie and Julie. Actually, my favorite part of this picture is Erin! She is listening intently to something. . .somewhere!

Keeley, Anne, Erin, Aimee, and Nic. Out of focus just a bit--but had to include it.


The party planner! Jenny organized everything and I didn't have to decide anything! Thank you so much for my fun party.

You know I had to include a picture of the cake! Chocolate is always a favorite. Delicious!

Missed you Sarah and Lacey.

11 comments:

the bowlin family said...

i had so much fun. thanks for including me. i am so glad to have you in my life. you are a precious friend. (a little more cheese!)

Rob said...

So sorry I couldn't be there, but looks like you guys had a great time without us (us=Rob, Sarah, Lacey).

Not to make this more cheesy, but I looooove pizza.

Happy Birthday sis!

The Bindras said...

Happy Birthday, Mis!
We love you and are thankful that God answered your praying by giving you US! Love, jenny, lily, gracie, kylie and amby

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, mis!! i can't believe you are 36. If it helps- i feel like you are 23 when you're around me. I'm not sure if thats a good or bad thing to you, but i think its good. i love you lots and am glad you got to have a fun celebration last night. you most definitely deserved it.

olivia and henry said...

happy birthday, missy!!!! i hope that you had a fun day today. loved celebrating YOU last night! you are loved by soooooo many. i'm very very thankful for you. ;)
angie

kinsey said...

happy birthday missy! and please tell jenny i said hi...brought a few tears to my eyes to see yall's picture and think about the YL times. great memories ;-)

Howell Fam said...

Girl- Let me just tell you the pleasure is all mine. I feel so blessed to have you as one of my dear friends. You are a gift to me and so many others.

the bakers said...

happy belated birthday, mis! you still pass for 23 any day!

SarahFifer said...

So So Sad I was not there to celebrate. Hope it was a great bday! You are a special friend - I'm glad I was part of the answer to that prayer :) I am assuming I was so just go with it! Love ya - Sarah

Anonymous said...

Happy "late" Birthday Missy!

a-townblog said...

Happy Belated Missy!! much love-
amy