Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Today in no particular order

Yesterday we took Lainey to Sulphur Springs to meet her grandparents so she could go to Texarkana for the whole weekend! This is her last hoorah (sp?) before starting Kindergarten. I am sure I will post some pics of her fun weekend later this week. (or I won't because I am lazy like that).

So this weekend, it is just Mommy and Daddy and the boys. We don't have just the boys very much and I have made some interesting observations. Their differences seem to be more obvious somehow when Lainey isn't here. I don't know why that is exactly. Anyway, my boys are close in age but very different in personality and temperament.

Example #1. Rhody got a real tee from Poppy today. You know a baseball tee--for tee-ball. Rhody is excited that he doesn't have to hit the ball off the tall sprinkler head now! The real tee is actually more substantial than one might think. It is pretty heavy for a little boy. Rhody wanted to play baseball (shocker) and started to carry the tee outside. He gave up after about 10 steps and said it was just too heavy for him.

Bo steps in and picks up the tee and starts to carry it outside. I try to take it from him to carry it outside. He refuses--adamantly. He is so stubborn and wants to be such a big boy that he carried that thing all the way outside. Rhody is always quick to ask for help. Bo wants to do it himself--no matter what.

Example #2. For those of you who know Rhody, you know that you can easily change his mind. I would say usually that is a good thing but not always. He also easily changes his mind when it isn't so convenient for us (me). We tried to convince him that going to see a movie today with Daddy would be so fun. He loves movies and has been several times. However, he decided he didn't want to go. We had a short time window before the movie started and he said no. As we were leaving the mall, an hour after the movie started, he decided he did want to go see the movie after all. Of course, lots of tears followed the dramatic scene.

Bo isn't quite as wishy-washy. He took of his crocs and went into the "garden" in our front yard. He is kind of a freak of nature anyway because my other kids would never go in mulch without shoes--it would be like walking on hot coals on their tender feet. Not Bo. I ask him to come out of the garden. He shook his head. I asked again. He shook his head again. I told him to obey and come out of the garden. He looked right at me and said "nope!" I said to him, "what did you say?" and he repeated a few more times, "nope, nope, nope!" He is precious isn't he?

On a totally different note.

I did a few mini-triathlons this morning at Joe Pool Lake with Team in Training. Got up at 5:10 am on a Saturday, whose jealous? Anyway, it was great experience and tons of fun (and really hard). I still totally stink at swimming. But I enjoyed everything and everyone there. I should have brought food to eat afterwards because I sort of crashed when I got home and started eating everything in site. Nothing like a bag of BBQ chips after a triathlon. And Reese's Pieces. And banana bread. And then Chick fil a. And so on and so on.

Off to watch more Olympics.

2 comments:

The Bindras said...

your boys are so fun and cute- each in their own unique way!~ I love hearing about them both. We need to pack a snack bag for you when you do your tri-training. I'll get right on that! I am sure your body was craving calories!

SarahFifer said...

So fun - we love those boys over here at the Fifer Household - especially KK who asked for Rhody and Bo the entire time in Yellowstone!! Glad ya'll had fun with the boys.